Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 24 2011
By: LionPrideAlpha First Son 1 posts

Playstation Plus Online Storage Errors

7 replies 830 views Edited Nov 24, 2011

I have a string of storage errors on my PSPlus cloud, all labeled 800291EA.

I could not find what this code meant on the website, does anyone know what this means?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Online Storage Errors

Mar 10, 2012

I have the same issue 800291EA and can't find what it means either.

Also, since this I keep getting messages that it can't auto-upload because the online storage is full.  I still have 86 MB free and have only played one game that might need uploading and it is a 3-4MB file.  I can still copy data to the online storage too, so I know there is space.

Would love an explanation about the problem and if there is a way to fix it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28647 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Welcome to the Playstation Community.

I've looked your error code up but it is not in Sony's database, are you sure you have the error code down correctly?

I'm probably wrong but the only thing that comes to mind is that you are trying to access a cloud save less than 24 hours after uploading the save, there is a 24 hour wait limit on accessing these.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Thanks for the response.  That might be it.  The error code is right also has a BLUS code beside it, but I didn't think that was the error code since most others I have ever seen over the years have been the 8.. format.  I'll let you know if it goes away after a couple of days without uploading.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I have this same error for the last couple of weeks. It says I have 94/150mb. I honestly do not know what the heck is going on. The system for how to fix this (or even get it explained) is ridiculously obtuse.

I don't believe I'm exceeding my max, but even if I was, I have deleted a ton out of my Cloud PSN+ folder, and it still gives me an error every day that it couldn't update.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 4, 2012

You're not alone. I have this error listed several times and, unfortunately, only discovered it when trying to recover a level 23 Skyrim character that got overwritten. Saved games hadn't been backing up since December, and this code was listed about 20 times after the last reported save.

My storage space was running a bit low, but still had plenty of room. I cleaned up the existing storage, making sure to have plenty free. Checked all settings and crossed fingers for the next auto-upload. We'll see.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I was just as confused - but like @EllieMental, it looks like some games can't separate between 'save files' and what I would consider game data.  In my case it was SSX which puts both the save file and your ghost-data (for previous runs) all in the save-files folder (the save file is a few KB, the ghost data is 100MB-ish).

Now I would argue that this is an issue with the game author not storing the data in the correct place, but then again the PS3 cannot set the auto-upload to include / exclude specific files for a game (its all or nothing for any title).

If you run down your save-files locally on the PS3 and look at the size of all the files, you'll probabaly see lots of small ones - and one or 2 massive ones. They are your problems.

Unfortunately the only fix is to insert the game disk and disable the auto-upload entirely for this title - then go back to the 'dark ages' and manually upload the smaller 'real' save files for your backup.

Mental note to PS+ suggestions - allow us to exclude specific files from auto-upload...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 19, 2012

Thanks for this post I just tried your suggestion and it worked. I think this is the problem everyone else has. For me the game was Skyrim.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (830 Views)
0 Likes