Sackboy
602 posts

Re: Playstation Network card won't add funds to wallet

Nov 26, 2009
Anyone get their cards to work yet? I'm now getting a different error code than before. I've had the PS Store tell me my cards are no longer valid, and Sony has told me just to wait, but not to try too often because if you do too many attempts, the card gets locked. That's reassuring, wait and keep trying, but try not to get the card locked. Yeah, big help. 
Message 21 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 26, 2009
Mine still isn't working. Really dissapointing since I guess I will have to go out during black friday to return the thing if it doesn't work...
Message 22 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

Nov 26, 2009

Adriane wrote:

I just bought a Playstation Network Card to add funds to my account. I entered the code and the screen said that funds were added to my wallet, but it didn't leave out of the transaction page like it normally does and when I closed the message box, it stayed on the "This card has a value of $20.00, do you want to add funds to your wallet?" page. I left out and checked my wallet and it only showed $3.97 in my wallet. I then went back into the redeem codes section and tried entering the code again and it says "Unable to add funds."

Has anyone heard of this happening before? If so, where does the money go if it isn't in my wallet and no longer on the card? I'm going to go back to Gamestop to see if they will give me a new one, but I've never heard of this happening and I buy these network cards all the time.....

well theres your problem you closed out instead of saying yes add them. now you know not to close that message. and you can only input the card pin number once.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 23 of 47 (896 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 26, 2009

Nearly 24 hours since purchase and.....nothing.

Message 24 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2009
I have the same problem and it says "This Playstation Network Card has a value of $50.00 and when I press it says fund could not be added to wallet. What should I do? I do noy want to keep entering because it will lock it and then its garbage. Any suggestions?
Message 25 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 31, 2009
Message 26 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2010

That's what's happening to me right now and it's March 16th, 2010, about a little over a year from this original post.  Had I known these problems existed before I would have never signed up for the Playstation Network.  I don't know what the deal is but I am not happy.  Mabye Sony Playstation should just stay away from online technologies and leave it to Microsoft. Woman Mad

Message 27 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 16, 2010

Just bought 3 $50 dollar cards today At walmart, i entered each code twice the second code says its invald that or i entered it wrong, the other two says there is $50 dollars on this card do you want to add it to your wallet i hit continue then it says unable to add money to wallet. Idk whats going on here but its really annoying. All the codes i try to redeem they don't seem to work.

Message 28 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Nov 16, 2010

PatienceofKaori wrote:

Just bought 3 $50 dollar cards today At walmart, i entered each code twice the second code says its invald that or i entered it wrong, the other two says there is $50 dollars on this card do you want to add it to your wallet i hit continue then it says unable to add money to wallet. Idk whats going on here but its really annoying. All the codes i try to redeem they don't seem to work.

First check your receipt and make sure the cards were activated at the register.  If they were, call Sony.  You can find their telephone number by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Message 29 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 16, 2010

PSN undergoing maintenance today aren't they? It's Tuesday after all. Anyways, my credit card finally worked and I didn't change any information on my end. I just waited a week before trying to buy something. What I think is happening is that after you update your account information there's a $1.00 charge that goes though, you have to wait until it's refunded back to your card before PSN thinks it's a valid card. I'm from Canada using a Costco Amex if that helps.

Message 30 of 47 (896 Views)
0 Likes