Dec 13 2013
By: Driogon First Son 27 posts

Playstation Network Timed Out

2 replies 215 views Edited Dec 13, 2013

Ever since I was forced to change my password, my connection to PSN will time out.  I have tried reseting the network equipment to no avail. My PS3 is on the latest firmware, and my VITA connects without a problem. Using the connection test, I get SUCCESS for both IP and Internet, but it fails when it comes to PSN.

If I enter an incorrect password, it will tell me it is incorrect. When I enter my correct password, it will time out.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Driogon Trophy Card
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
341 posts

Re: Playstation Network Timed Out

Dec 13, 2013

Hello, Driogon,

I can suggest two options that may help. If you have a router, try and power cycle them. Turn your router and PS3 off for about 5 minutes each. Turn your router back on, once that all booted up and ready turn your system back on. If after that, try and restore default setting on your console. Go to Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings. See if any of that helps.

Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5901 posts

Re: Playstation Network Timed Out

Dec 13, 2013

Can you create a new PSN account and Login?  If you can login with a new/different account, the problem would appear to be with the account in question.  If no accounts can login then this may be a networking issue.  You can try the PS4 safe mode options to reinstall your system software (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/), but if that doesn't help it may be with your network.

A quick way to test this out would be to try to access PSN with a network not your own, preferable with another ISP.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 3 of 3 (200 Views)
0 Likes