Highlighted
Dec 30 2011
By: ryancpf First Son 3 posts

Playstation Network Bandwidth Shaping?

5 replies 101 views Edited Dec 30, 2010

I'm on a 12m DSL line through Qwest Internet in the northwest. When connected directly to the modem on my laptop (via ethernet), I get excellent results at SpeedTest.net (12 down/1 up). When I perform this test on my PS3, they results are cut in half, usually 6down/.500up. I've tried setting up the DMZ Host, but that didn't help. Port forwarding didn't help either. Any ideas? Does the Playstation Network have max speeds? Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Playstation Network Bandwidth Shaping?

Dec 30, 2010

I Think it maybe because of your ISP, if not has to with the wi-fi or your Etherent port i have noticed this as well but when i switched to a Ethernet cable my results were much higher.

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbarsbh

Free userbars
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 30, 2010

Hey thanks for your response. I don't think it is the ISP, I just switched over to Qwest, and for a few days have had two internet connections. The previous connection did this as well. I have removed all wireless routers from the equation, my PS3 plugs directly into the DSL Modem. I've done this with the Cable Modem I used to have as well. Results never really seem to improve.This leads me to believe that it is my PS3. Thoughts? Anybody?

Message 3 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2010

bump

Message 4 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 31, 2010

I think because that Playstation 3 hardware cant support high connectivity, becuasw are PC have better counterparts than Playstaion 3 im not saying the Playstation 3 sucks im just saying that the network card cant supports high bandwith

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbarsbh

Free userbars
Message 5 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Don't believe what the PS3 speedtest tells you. There is a disclaimer that pretty much tells you that it is useless.

And Hishi115 the script in your sig is screwing up the forums.

Message 6 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes