Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 20 2012
By: K-T3MPT3D First Son 4 posts

Playstation 3 Has a NAT type 3

8 replies 307 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

Before everybody starts linking me to other threads about the same problem I should let everybody know. Accumulatively I have spent a minimum of 14 hours searching for fixes to the NAT 3 problem. It seems as if most of the solutions work for people, but I have literally tried everything I can find on the internet. I've searched youtube, google, bing, ASK.com, and a few other search engines, all with similar results.

So everybody knows what I HAVE found:

-I have tried DMZ, to no avail.

-I've tried disabling Firewall, also to no avail.

-I have port forwarded 15 different ports that I have come across: just to make sure I covered all possibilities.

-I am positive that I have UpNP enabled on my router and my PS3

-I am also positive that I have the correct static IP enabled for the PS3 device, through the PS3 and the router

-Last but not least, I have even purchased a brand new router (ASUS NT-R16) with the latest firmware and of course tried all of the above with the new device as well.

Some other information:

-My ISP is a small business SILO Wireless that covers the local area I live in. However I am sure this is not the cause to my problem because a buddy of mine in the area, also using SILO wireless has Open NAT.

(http://silowireless.com/)

If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know, also if you can find any articles including information that I have not mentioned above please link me to it and I will be your best friend forever :smileyhappy: I'm honestly going to say I'm getting extremely frustrated with this whole NAT 3 thing and everybody saying the same thing -_- I do have lots of experience with computers so I know what I'm doing if you give me ideas :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Has a NAT type 3

Nov 21, 2012

Lot of info, Me loves it. I saw your title and was about to tell you to do exactly what you wrote. I suggest a minimum of 10MBPS of speeds. Try only adding Ports on your router, Put your PS3 a static IP (I know you tryed it but do it again please), Put your PS3 Wired not wireless.

If these dont work try putting your modem direcly to your PS3 to see, And if it still is NAT 3 then it may'be your provider, Try contacting them to see if they can reset your signal. If the problem continues (I know you said  your buddy has it and he's OPEN but you may be unlucky as you said yourself its a small company) Try getting a bigger better known provider. Good luck.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 21, 2012

also tell people it is wimax (like clear in the US)

how many devices are connected

dmz is a direct connection to the internet (no firewall, no need to port forward) still check out portforward.com

and set it up to your IP address

i recently wrote a guide run through it and set up the network, step by step

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Thanks to both of you for your help. I really appreciate it :smileyhappy: I have yet to try the direct connection because I need to find the lengthy ethernet cable we have. However I did try direct connection with my previous router (to the router) and it did not help. When I find the cable I will try direct connection to the new router, and if nothing happens I shall try connecting directly to the modem that connects to silo. Then I will get back to you guys on what happens.

I tried DMZ with firewall on and no port forwarding. Still no fix.

I also did just port forwarding as well as the static IP which I completely re-did to make sure all was done correct.. without DMZ, and with/without firewall, and again, no fix.

:/

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

by direct i mean has no protections supplied by the router (AKA DMZ)

a DMZ (much like a millatary DMZ, you go in there you are on your own) is a setting where the device is not influenced by the routers protections, it only supports 1 device and not an entire network so it needs an address

use the guide below and set up the network

the guide is made to enhance sppeds and reliability

heres the link

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Guide-Network-Optimization-PS3-PSP-PS-Vita-Win...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Although I tried the DMZ before, I tried it again and looked through your guide. Honestly, it still fails to give me any decent results. Nat type = 3..... Still. This is starting to get even more frustrating than it was before. I'm honestly out of ways to fix this! If anybody has anything else that could help please let me know :\

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47908 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

K-T3MPT3D wrote:

Although I tried the DMZ before, I tried it again and looked through your guide. Honestly, it still fails to give me any decent results. Nat type = 3..... Still. This is starting to get even more frustrating than it was before. I'm honestly out of ways to fix this! If anybody has anything else that could help please let me know :\

Try this   http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then use the links on this page to find your router and the specific ports to forward on your router to get nat type 2  http://portforward.com/

You should not have to do anything with the DMZ

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I looked at that page and still nothing has made a difference. I still happen to have NAT 3 on my PS3, as well as "NAT: Strict" for all games I try to play which is sort of a given.

Honestly, there has to be something small hiding behind this. Oh something else that I realised that may be important to know:

When we first hooked up internet here It would allow us to play COD MW3 online, and the connection on it slowly got worse to the point we could not play it. Then I bought Black ops 2 when it came out, and we were able to play online at first, but the connection to games slowly got worse to the point now where it will not let me play it online with any more than 1 or 2 bars (Ussually 1) 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 11, 2012

K-T3MPT3D wrote:

I looked at that page and still nothing has made a difference. I still happen to have NAT 3 on my PS3, as well as "NAT: Strict" for all games I try to play which is sort of a given.

Honestly, there has to be something small hiding behind this. Oh something else that I realised that may be important to know:

When we first hooked up internet here It would allow us to play COD MW3 online, and the connection on it slowly got worse to the point we could not play it. Then I bought Black ops 2 when it came out, and we were able to play online at first, but the connection to games slowly got worse to the point now where it will not let me play it online with any more than 1 or 2 bars (Ussually 1) 

It probably is you internet provider.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (163 Views)
0 Likes