Highlighted
May 01 2013
By: AR1THMETIC First Son 2 posts

PlayStation Store problems

2 replies 283 views Edited May 1, 2013

(This post was also accidentally posted under the general PS3 support forum, therefore I'm reposting it here.)

Hello everyone.

I finally bought my first PS3 console yesterday (30th April 2013), mainly because I wanted to play Dust 514. Please bear in mind that this is the first console I've ever owned / used, so I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Now, Dust 514 is as you may know a free game, downloadable for the PS3. From what I understand, you have to download it through the PlayStation Store. However, whenever I try to access the store, it tells me that "This service is not available for your country/region".

I've checked around, and it should be. My country/region is Iceland, and since CCP, the manufacturer / publisher of Dust 514 is an Icelandic company, this doesn't quite make sense to me.

I've tried logging in to my PSN account on the games official website, www.dust514.com, as well. I still get the message about the service not being available for my country.

As far as I can tell, the PSN is online, the store doesn't have any maintenance scheduled or anything like that, so I'm all out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: PlayStation Store problems

May 1, 2013

They may be an icelandic company, but are they actively based out of iceland?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Re: PlayStation Store problems

May 1, 2013

What the message is stating is that there is no Playstation Store for Iceland.  Some countries that the Playstation Network is offered in, do not have the Playstation Store; usually for legal reasons. Many countries do not have the Playstation Network offered at all. The fact that there is a company that developed a PS3 game based in Iceland, does not by any means guarantee that the Playstation Store will be available in that country.  The two have nothing to do with each other.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)
0 Likes