May 04 2013
By: ufoozgur First Son 1 posts

PlayStation Store freezing when loading

6 replies 1103 views Edited May 4, 2013

I'm a PS Plus user. I wanted to download this month's free games Hitman: Absolution and Catherine. I tried to enter PlayStation Store but whenever I try to enter, it stucks in its loading screen (the screen with shopping bag and bars). I tried to remove PS Store app and re-download and installed it. I restored PS3 with Safe Mode options. But nothing worked. Is it a problem with PS Store servers? Because everything else works just fine.

P.S.: I live in Turkey so it's EU PS Store.

Message 1 of 7 (1,103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
3364 posts

Re: PlayStation Store freezing when loading

May 4, 2013

Moved from PlayStation®3 Support.

Message 2 of 7 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 4, 2013

I'm having the same problem. Live in the usa

Message 3 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 4, 2013

same problem here.it freezes after latest update.Need Help?

Message 4 of 7 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 4, 2013

ufoozgur wrote:

I'm a PS Plus user. I wanted to download this month's free games Hitman: Absolution and Catherine. I tried to enter PlayStation Store but whenever I try to enter, it stucks in its loading screen (the screen with shopping bag and bars). I tried to remove PS Store app and re-download and installed it. I restored PS3 with Safe Mode options. But nothing worked. Is it a problem with PS Store servers? Because everything else works just fine.

P.S.: I live in Turkey so it's EU PS Store.

In that case, you may want to hit up the EU forums. This is the US forums.

Someone over there may be able to help you out, if they're experiencing the same issue/found a solution.

Good luck!

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 7 (1,069 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 5, 2013

The problem is probably with the language settings of your console. Please check your account language on 

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ and also on your console. The both must be the same. I changed mine to english and the problem's gone.

Regards.

Message 6 of 7 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 6, 2013

I'm in Portland, OR USA (in case there was confusion) and I've been having trouble with the store all weekend. Whenever I click the store it acts like it's loading but goes very slowly, then it brings up the logo on a black screen and then pops a black screen with white text that "This service is currently undergoing maintainace." At first I thought it was really maintainance but this evening when it was still down I went searching for issues and found the status is apparently ONLINE and no mention of widespread downage so I don't know what's going on with me and the other couple guys in this thread.

Why can't I access the Playstation store? The sale on Playstation All-Stars is going to end and if I can't get back in the store i'm going to miss out :-(

Message 7 of 7 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes