Feb 10 2013
By: Mofeus11 First Son 3 posts

PlayStation Network Card error

[ Edited ]
9 replies 5986 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

I just bought a 50$ network card, and after I put it all the information needed it asks if I want to put the 50 in "my wallet" so I hit yes and it comes up with " an error has occurred". Any ideas on what I should do?

Message 1 of 10 (5,986 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Re: PlayStation Network Card error

Feb 10, 2013

Then click on add funds to wallet.Bottom left corner.

Message 2 of 10 (5,976 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2013

It says The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid"

Message 3 of 10 (5,971 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Feb 10, 2013

When did you get it? It can take up to 2 hours before the card is active.

Or where you purchased it the forgot to activate it.

Message 4 of 10 (5,968 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2013

i got it probably an hour and a bit ago so i guess ill  wait but im sure it was activated by the sales guy

Message 5 of 10 (5,966 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Ya if it still won't work bring it back.

Message 6 of 10 (5,958 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Activation is supposed to happen immediately and automatically at any register.   Sony customer service told me after 10 minutes of back and forth to send them a pic of the card, front and back, and pic of original receipt and I should hear back from them in 2 business days.   

I got a $50 card at Target at 10:00 this morning and it still doesn't work as of 10:00pm.  Hopefully Sony will come through for me as I'd hate to have to try to return this to Target.  I can only imagine the hassle they'd give me for a scrtatched off card.

Message 7 of 10 (5,905 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Mar 5, 2013

After waiting a week, I got a canned email response from Sony regarding my issue.

It told me how to redeem a code on the Sony Entertainment Network.   A subsequent call lasting about 30 minutes informed me that there was nothing they could do and I'd have to return the card to the retailer and have them re-scan it.   So, now I have to drive 40 miles one way to get the gift receipt, drive to Target, try to talk them into returning this card and rescanning it.    I can only imagine the resistence I'm going to encounter.   

I'm not exactly sure why Sony support didn't tell me there was nothing they could do to begin with.   "Cards have to be activated and we have no way to activate them.  They have to be activated at the retailer", they said.     

Message 8 of 10 (5,841 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
28 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I took my card back to Target this afternoon and to their credit, they exchanged it for a new one with no problem.

Since my PSN card was a gift and I had no receipt, I thought I'd be in for a boat load of trouble.  But, luckily, I had my brother email me a pic of the receipt and the clerk was happy to use the info off of it.  Didn't even give it a second thought.    She refunded the card, then tried to re-purchase it and it gave her no option to activate the card.  She then got a new card sent up from electronics and scanned that, which immediately gave her the instructions to activate.  They simply scan the large, unique code on the bottom and presto - activation.  It even says so on the reciept.

So, we looked at both the cards to try to figure out what was wrong and found that while the two cards looked identical on the front, the UPC codes were completely different even though the DCPI stock numbers were the same.   The wording on the back was different as well - it mentiones the PSP with no mention at all of the Vita.  So, she guesses it was an old stock number that was cleared from inventory and, thus, doesn't work right with the system.   It must have been left on the shelf  for at least a year or two.      

So, the moral of the story is always check the receipt to make sure it clearly says "ACTIVATED***"  becuase Sony can't do anything about it.   While they were very nice on the phone, it was a big waste of time dealing with them about this issue.

Message 9 of 10 (5,828 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 25, 2015
My brother just bought a $20 PSN card for me for Christmas, so naturally I went to add the funds, but it said an "error has occurred", so I tried again to see if it would work but it said the card had already been used, but the funds were never added. We aren't sure what to do now.
Message 10 of 10 (1,935 Views)
0 Likes