Jul 04 2012
By: pjm1128 First Son 1 posts

PlayStation Netflix app interrupts film credits and has other annoying features

[ Edited ]
5 replies 2535 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

Recently I was watching a movie and wanted to find out the name of a cast member, music, location whatever. 

I don't always watch all the credits but I watch some, the credits also contain outtakes or additions for the film.

The PSN netflix app started a feature when as soon as the credits role they are reduced ( think TV shrink and scroll)

What shows up to fill the screen is maybe you would like these or in the case of TV do you want to see the next episode.

Maybe not  a big deal to most but  it is messing with the movie. So lets say Green Lantern comes to Netflix the credits roll and an an add is there. Happens in some movies same with the out takes. You can't see them.

If I watch Netflix on a computer or Roku this does not happen it seems specific to PSN. So what's next commercials ?

Can't even find the issue listed anywhere just want to get rid of it or I can just use Roku instead 

Message 1 of 6 (2,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Netflix app interrupts film credits and has other annoying features

Jul 5, 2012

that happens to me too!

Message 2 of 6 (2,532 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: PlayStation Netflix app interrupts film credits and has other annoying features

Jul 7, 2012

This is happening due to an update to the netflix application queing up a similar movie or if you are watching a TV episode the next episode in the series. You do have the option to resume the movie you are viewing or to play the next movie or episode. If you have any other questions on how it works I would recommend contacting netflix.

Message 3 of 6 (2,527 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6672 posts

Jul 10, 2012

There is nothing to ask netflix.

This was a feature due to the amount of TV shows being added that have nothing in the end of the credits (Show are now made so the channel can put adverts directly in to the credits) these out way the Odd film that does have story content in the cedits.

If you want to watch the Odd film that has some thing during the credits you just press up and press X.

Netflix can no longer rely on Movies to keep subscribers as the number of high quality movies is droping at a high rate to keep Viewers

It requires TV shows to keep subscribers now.

The rivals also out bid them for exclusive timed content Removing top grade movies form the netflix service for longer.

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 4 of 6 (2,522 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Thanks for the Up an X tip, this always bothered me too. A problem I'm having though is that Netflix will skip the opening credits to the next episode in a series when watching two or more episodes in a row.  Normally this wouldn't bother me except that the show Mythbusters has a different opening sequence every episode to explain what will be happening on that episode. Is there a way to select the next episode and still watch the opening sequence/credits? 

Message 5 of 6 (2,514 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6672 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

Some times its up, left then x to over ride.

If you want to see the very start of the episode for TV shows like mythbusters you must manualy over ride the auto play. each time with the circle button at the end of the credits. this will return you to the episode listing page.

The Show episode number will then automaticly jump to the next episode if you exit during the credits, it will then start from the very start of the episode when you press x to play it...

Its not needed for series like SG1 they have indexed it correctly to Remove the non Show parts and cut the MGM logo from each episode of season 1 wiith the autoplay feature.

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 6 of 6 (2,507 Views)
0 Likes