Nov 10 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1799 posts

PlayStation 3: Web Browser (PSN Forums) Issues?

1 replies 148 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Oky, so i'm not really sure where to pu this as of right now, seeing how this is a Forum Issues on the PSN, through the PS3... 

Anyways, whenever I hit X to Reply to a Message, or Submit a Post, or whatever... The X Button acts as if your initiating a Request to Copy something, which makes no sense... It's quite annoying to work with... Especially when you are a Frequent user in the Forums... 

On a Side Note, how come the New PSN Website doesn't even have a Link to the Forums, I see the Blogs, but no Forums? 

I don't use the Blogs, & don't plan on it, so whats the Deal? 

Are the Forums going to be Removed, aka Replaced by the Blogs? 

Or what? How come there is no Spot for them on the New Layout for PSN? oO 

Plz, help fix these issues? oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: PlayStation 3: Web Browser (PSN Forums) Issues?

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, the forum is now selecting the text of the Subject field (also sets focus to field) and in the PS3 browser, if you enter a message (without changing subject) and then click Preview, Post etc, the PS3's popup clipboard menu (Copy, Search, Cancel) appears... 

This is a long standing bug in the PS3's new WebKit based browser (introduced back in February), which Sony will hopefully get round to fixing. In the mean time, you can avoid the issue by clicking a blank area of the "Reply to message" page (to clear the selection). 

On the missing Forum link, on the new PSN web site, yeah this does appear to be an omission. I imagine the trouble is displaying something appropriate for the forums, such as a few hand picked threads - too much work?

Message 2 of 2 (123 Views)
0 Likes