First Son
2 posts

Re: Play station store not responding

Dec 1, 2012

Hey people,

Just tried a router reset and it seems to work now.

FYI I have upnp enabled, using wireless, no explicit port fowarding.

Let me know if this works for you.

Message 21 of 30 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Resetting the router did not work for me. Playstation Store displays welcome but does not respond.

Message 22 of 30 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 2, 2012

p.s. Playstation Store stopped responding after the last Playstation Store software update. Waiting for another update to see if it fixes it. I tried using wired and wireless connections with no success. All other Internet access works Ok. e.g. Internet Browser, Zen Pinball 2.

Message 23 of 30 (1,065 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Glad that I am not the only one...sux that its affecting a lot of people but Sony has no idea what's going on !!

Message 24 of 30 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

I Just logged into the store myself just now and am experiencing the same issue, I have heard that some have fixed it by hitting triangle with the store selected on the XMB and "deleting" the store which is simply an app at this point. After this just select the store icon and it will redownload the app. I did note that the new version is 10 mb smaller than the old, Will respond back if this works for me.

EDIT:

...........it didn't work lol.

EDIT 2: Okay so I returned to my controller after the last edit (about 30 seconds) and it IS working now. Unsure if sony fixed the overall issue or if deleting and re-installing the app fixed it. Could a few other people try this and spread the word if it works?

Message 25 of 30 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Trtied deleting and redownloading Playstation Store. Store still does not respond to the controller. Also tried a 2nd controller with the same result. Also waited awhile, several minutes, and retried the controller. Store is still now responding. The Store size of 31Mb did not change with the new download.

I called Sony Support yesterday who took me through a number of options mentioned by others. No success such as deleting and downloading the Store, turning off Media Server,  rebuilding the database, resetting the Verizon FIOS modem, and so forth. Their last recommendation was to try a factory reset. I haven't decided to do that yet as everything else is working fine, including Playstation Home. The system date & time is correct as well, by the way.

EDIT: Retried deleting and downloading Playstation Store about 10 days later. After a delay of a minute or so, it started responding.

Message 26 of 30 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Same thingis happening to me.

Message 27 of 30 (860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2013

same thing happening here tried redownloading ps store still didn't work

Message 28 of 30 (777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 20, 2013

sony phone call cant get to live person but there is an auto message that acknowledges mainentance and errors.

Message 29 of 30 (718 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Just tried signing on to playstation store and said there was a software update. Currently downloading it now. Version 4.40. Im assuming this was the problem with the PS store. I had the same issues last night.

Message 30 of 30 (659 Views)
0 Likes