Dec 04 2012
By: hungryforlint First Son 2 posts

Permanently saving PS1/2 games on PS3

3 replies 176 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Hi everyone... I finally caved in and recently bought a 200GB PS3. I had a question and was wondering if someone could help me. 

I have tons and tons of PS1/2 games in storage that I wanna go back and play. However, there in storage at my old place. I was wondering if I could grab them and esentially burn them onto the PS3 hard drive so I can put them back in storage and play them off my PS3 whenever without the CD. It's essentially the same thing as downloading a game off of PSN, but I'd rather not spend money downloading all the games that i've already bought over the last decade. I hope this makes sense... and I hope someone can help me out.. thanks!

Alex

Message 1 of 4 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32382 posts

Re: Permanently saving PS1/2 games on PS3

Dec 4, 2012

hungryforlint wrote:

Hi everyone... I finally caved in and recently bought a 200GB PS3. I had a question and was wondering if someone could help me. 

I have tons and tons of PS1/2 games in storage that I wanna go back and play. However, there in storage at my old place. I was wondering if I could grab them and esentially burn them onto the PS3 hard drive so I can put them back in storage and play them off my PS3 whenever without the CD. It's essentially the same thing as downloading a game off of PSN, but I'd rather not spend money downloading all the games that i've already bought over the last decade. I hope this makes sense... and I hope someone can help me out.. thanks!

Alex

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The PS3, at least I'm assuming your version of it is not B/C for PS2 games anyway, in any event I'm sorry but I don't think what you want to do is possible.

Message 2 of 4 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18301 posts

Dec 4, 2012

No.  You can't do that.  Only PS1 and PS2 games that are purchased in the Playstation Store can be installed on the PS3 hard disk. There is no support for installing disk-based games of any kind on the hard disk.  Your PS3 can play disk-based PS1 games, but the disk must be in the optical drive, just as it was required to be on the PS2.  

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Thats what I figured. Thanks for the help guys!
Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes