Mar 28 2013
By: XxDECIEVExX First Son 1 posts

Payments to PSN being cancelled

2 replies 788 views Edited Mar 28, 2013

So I'm trying to add funds to my wallet using the paypal method, but it always returns as canceled. I have called customer support about it and was told it was something on paypal's end, I called paypal and they informed me that is Sony that is cancelling my payments. SO any help of having this resolved so I can add funds to my wallet would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (788 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31427 posts

Re: Payments to PSN being cancelled

Mar 28, 2013

Sony is refunding the payments because it suspects that you are using Paypal to try to get around PSN credit card acceptance restrictions.  It will do this if your Paypal shipping address does not match your PSN registered address, your Paypal account was created for a different country than your PSN account, or in some cases if your Paypal account is not verified.  Sony doesn't have to accept your Paypal payment, just as Sony does not have to accept your credit card.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
7400 posts

Re: Payments to PSN being cancelled

Mar 28, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Sony is refunding the payments because it suspects that you are using Paypal to try to get around PSN credit card acceptance restrictions.  It will do this if your Paypal shipping address does not match your PSN registered address, your Paypal account was created for a different country than your PSN account, or in some cases if your Paypal account is not verified.  Sony doesn't have to accept your Paypal payment, just as Sony does not have to accept your credit card.

Agreed; I just want to point out that OP's PSNID is very appropriate if that's what they're doing Smiley Tongue.

Message 3 of 3 (763 Views)
0 Likes