Jul 26 2012
By: Tyme4YourDemise First Son 1 posts

Patches are the worst things ever! Is there a way around them?

1 replies 88 views Edited Jul 26, 2012

Alright people, 

Need some help here, I'm pretty sure this is one of the most ridculous things Sony has ever left unrepaired, but If I can get around this, that would be great. It's about patch updates, like for Heavy Rain and Grand Turismo 5? Pardon my language but WHAT THE **bleep**!? I haven't played "Heavy Rain" in months and once I start to pick up again, it says I need to download a patch that's like a 1.5 gigs? (Okay so I patiently decide to wait- after literally 97 minutes! It gets to the point where I'm at 96% finished and 5 minutes remain when ALL OF A SUDDEN, I get logged off PSN and the download stops so now I have to redownload that patch back from 0%? It's not only this game, the same thing happens when I want to play GT 5 I have to download like 3 gigs worth of uploads over a huge span of time and even when I do decide to wait, an error occurs and it stops updating altogether! (BASICALLY NO UPDATE NO PLAY) Only thing I can do is turn the wifi of my ps3 off and then play, but I'd rather not do that, so any suggestions? (Sorry to sound like a **bleep**, but I doubt I'm the only one who faces this problem) IN REGARDS TO SONY--> FIX YOUR **bleep**, I LOVE PLAYSTION, BUT  I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ON PS4!!!

Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8781 posts

Re: Patches are the worst things ever! Is there a way around them?

Jul 26, 2012

The patches for single player games are optional. I know it pops up and starts to patch, but if you hit circle to cancel it will start the game and let you play.

Message 2 of 2 (72 Views)
0 Likes