Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 21 2013
By: AG_Awesome First Son 1 posts

Password Stolen?

3 replies 149 views Edited Apr 21, 2013

I just received an email saying:

This e-mail confirms that the password has been changed for your Sony Entertainment Network Account used to access PlayStation®Network.

If you did not intend to change your password, please contact Customer Service using the link provided below.

http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/

I never did this and was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them?

I am now manually changing it to something new but I would appreciate someone explaining what has happened.

Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2673 posts

Re: Password Stolen?

Apr 21, 2013
Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31065 posts

Apr 21, 2013

AG_Awesome wrote:

I just received an email saying:

This e-mail confirms that the password has been changed for your Sony Entertainment Network Account used to access PlayStation®Network.

If you did not intend to change your password, please contact Customer Service using the link provided below.

http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/

I never did this and was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them?

I am now manually changing it to something new but I would appreciate someone explaining what has happened.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Assuming the email you were sent is legitimate (it appears & sounds it to me) then someone did indeed change your password, does anyone else have access to your account or have you game-shared?

Changing your password as you are now is a good idea.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)
MVP Support
16809 posts

Apr 22, 2013

That message is sent whenever you change your account password in account management.  If you did not do that, then someone else has access to your PSN account password.  Lucky for you, they did not change your PSN account e-mail address; otherwise you would have to contact customer support and prove that you created the account, before you could access it again.  

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes