Highlighted
Dec 09 2012
By: agnugget First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Parental controls for Playstation Home wont turn off!

9 replies 815 views Edited Dec 9, 2012

I don't have parental controls on on my playstation but for some reason as of last week they are set only on home... I called Sony and they said I need to contact a Home MOD and have they remove the settings on Home.. Please Help I have bought a great deal of content on Home and now I can't use it or even see it, even personal spaces.. Please help!

Message 1 of 10 (815 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Re: Parental controls for Playstation Home wont turn off!

Dec 10, 2012

agnugget wrote:

I don't have parental controls on on my playstation but for some reason as of last week they are set only on home... I called Sony and they said I need to contact a Home MOD and have they remove the settings on Home.. Please Help I have bought a great deal of content on Home and now I can't use it or even see it, even personal spaces.. Please help!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I could be wrong but I don't think a Moderator (MOD) can change any settings for you, this is something for you or your parents to do.

P.S. I have asked that this Thread be moved to the PS HOME Support Forum where PS HOME people should be able to help you.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 10 (806 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 10, 2012

IM 32, hardly a child.. So basically your telling me you can't help and all the money I have spent is now in the trash! I guess everyone was right you guys can't really help at all.

Message 3 of 10 (801 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Dec 10, 2012

All Parental Controls for Home are set by developers.  That's not something Moderation can alter.  However, all parental thresholds can be set on the console itself. If you do not have any praental controls on, on your console, then you should have no issues accessing content on Home for age-gated reasons.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 4 of 10 (797 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Dec 10, 2012

agnugget wrote:

IM 32, hardly a child.. So basically your telling me you can't help and all the money I have spent is now in the trash! I guess everyone was right you guys can't really help at all.

I'm sorry my response wasn't to your liking, but as you can see from the response by one of the DPM's  my response was pretty much spot on, no Moderator can change any settings for you, the applications/games developed by & for PS HOME are regulated by the developers, any parental controls in place, assuming there are any, are there either by default of the developer of you have some setting enabled somewhere.

It's unfortunate that Sony Customer Support told you a Moderator was going to be able to assist you, & I'm not sure where you heard that "everyone was right about us being unhelpful", I beg to differ, actually I beg to differ in the strongest terms, I like to think of myself as very helpful towards other people, if I don't have an answer I'll say so or perhaps point someone in the right direction, again i'm sorry my response was not to your satisfaction but it was the correct one.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 10 (794 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

Dec 13, 2012

agnugget wrote:

PS3 parental controls would not be used for an online game, as they are not effective if you can just use a different PS3 to get around them.  PSN controls would need to be used there.  Also, the PS3 parental controls just require that you enter the PS3 security pass-code in order to access the content.  It doesn't prevent anyone that knows the pass-code from doing anything.  PSN parental controls don't exist for PSN master accounts.  They only exist for sub-accounts, which are supposed to be used by minors only.  If you are 32 now, then you must have been over 25 when PSN launched.  In that case, you never should have had a sub-account in the first place; so you would not have this problem if you had followed the PSN rules.   Game developers can restrict content in PSN games, including Home, by account type (no sub-accounts), or by the registered age of the PSN user.  In this case, the content is not allowed to sub-accounts apparently.  There is nothing that Playstation customer support can do to change that, and there is no way around it.  The policy was set by someone at SCEA management, and only that person can change it.  As I mentioned earlier, if you had created the correct PSN account type for your age when you started, then you would not be having this problem.  It isn't anyone else's fault.  Why are you using a sub-account in the first place?

GKP
Message 6 of 10 (772 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Its not a sub account...

Message 7 of 10 (758 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 25, 2013

ok im 40 and i was 26 when i made an psn account sow y cant i git in to some place's on home?

Message 8 of 10 (640 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Which places, specifically?  As I stated in my previous response last year, PSN master accounts have no parental controls, because they are for adults, who are not under parental supervision.  If you used your correct age when you created your PSN account, then your account is not subject to any parental controls in Home, and you won't get any parental control messages.  There are a couple of spaces in Home, including the X7 VIP club, the Pilot's Lounge in Sodium One, and the Sunset Lounge, that require you to own certain Home items or personal spaces before you can enter them.  There should be no age-based restrictions on your account in Home.

GKP
Message 9 of 10 (633 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 1, 2014

My account is the master account. Why do I suddenly have parental control?

Message 10 of 10 (241 Views)
0 Likes