Highlighted
May 26 2011
By: LACHzilla First Son 1 posts

PSPGo users are getting a REAL raw deal right now

11 replies 29 views Edited May 26, 2011

So right around the time right before PSN went down I ordered two PSP Go's for my kids as an end of the school year present. I go to install the 3 free games that come with them and can't because it requires both for PSN to be up and running as well as the PS Store. So this $400 worth of PSP Gos are completely useless. And when PS Store comes back up I hear we're just getting two free games? Two free games for PSP Go users who can't get even get any games on their systems since this whole debacle? Doesn't seem quite right. How about 5 free games of PSP users' choice or better yet $100 of PS Store credit when the store comes back up? 

Message 1 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: PSPGo users are getting a REAL raw deal right now

May 26, 2011

LACHzilla wrote:

So right around the time right before PSN went down I ordered two PSP Go's for my kids as an end of the school year present. I go to install the 3 free games that come with them and can't because it requires both for PSN to be up and running as well as the PS Store. So this $400 worth of PSP Gos are completely useless. And when PS Store comes back up I hear we're just getting two free games? Two free games for PSP Go users who can't get even get any games on their systems since this whole debacle? Doesn't seem quite right. How about 5 free games of PSP users' choice or better yet $100 of PS Store credit when the store comes back up? 

You were inconvenienced like everyone else, and they are giving you two free games.  Would you rather they give you nothing?

Message 2 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

May 26, 2011

lmao $100 ps store credit??? get real dude xD

Yea you had horrible luck but asiking for $100 is just WAAY too much. Besides you can still get the 3 psp games + 2 of the ones Sony is giving as a welcome back. I hope you activated those accounts before the outage.. otherwise youre not getting squat =/

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 3 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 26, 2011

DEMOCRAC-Y wrote:

lmao $100 ps store credit??? get real dude xD

Yea you had horrible luck but asiking for $100 is just WAAY too much. Besides you can still get the 3 psp games + 2 of the ones Sony is giving as a welcome back. I hope you activated those accounts before the outage.. otherwise youre not getting squat =/

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.

I'm sure he'll at least be able to get them through his account if he had not made his kids account before APR 20th (or 18th or 19th).

Message 4 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

May 26, 2011

well i hate to say that you will actually not be recieving any games, unless you had a psn account prior to April 20th.  I know kinda unfair but thats the way it is.

Message 5 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

May 30, 2011

sorry to say he wont be getting anything the 3 free games offer was until the end of march

[Edited}
Message 6 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 30, 2011

whyaskdouknow wrote:

sorry to say he wont be getting anything the 3 free games offer was until the end of march

He can talk with Sony about the three free games.

But he should still be able to get the other 2 free games when they are made available.

Message 7 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

May 30, 2011

No i have a psp go and you have to have  proof you bought it before March 31 and in order to get the games u have to register it then wait 4 weeks for codes. and for the 2 free games i think you would have had to have the psp's registered also

[Edited}
Message 8 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 30, 2011

whyaskdouknow wrote:

No i have a psp go and you have to have  proof you bought it before March 31 and in order to get the games u have to register it then wait 4 weeks for codes. and for the 2 free games i think you would have had to have the psp's registered also

Okay, so the three free games he may not be getting.

But for the welcome back package, thusfar Sony has only said our PSN IDs had to have been created before the outage, and he has at least one outage.

Sony understands, obviously - from the password reset process, that not everyone registers hardware or  has activated hardware, so chances are, they aren't going to use hardware activation/registration as a requirement.

Message 9 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 30, 2011

Your PSPGo's are not useless, though. You had to wait to use them, it's not like they just disappeared. Do you really think Sony would give away $100 to everyone who was inconvinienced? Come on.

Message 10 of 12 (29 Views)
0 Likes