Mar 06 2013
By: PhotoGraphics First Son 7 posts

PSONE Classics listed but cannot be purchased?

4 replies 196 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Why are some PSONE classics listed without an option to purchase?  For example, for the past several weeks Jet Moto 3 has had an icon but no price listed and no Add to Cart button.  And just yesterday (March 5) I noticed that Wild Arms 1 can no longer be purchased.

Strangely, Jet Moto 1 has two icons -- one with a purchase option, and another one without.

Does anyone else see this in the PlayStation Store?

Does anyone know why Sony removed the ability to purchase these titles?

Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

Re: PSONE Classics listed but cannot be purchased?

Mar 6, 2013

Where are you browsing the store (PS3/Vita/PC)?  I just checked on the web store and it does show up like you describe.  I know Wild Arms 1 is currently free on the Vita, and I believe Jet Moto was offered with PS+ a long time ago, so those unique situations could have caused some kind of error, but that wouldn't explain Jet Moto 3.  Not really sure what's going on.

Message 2 of 5 (181 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I accessed the store from my PS3.

It's odd that if I had a Vita and PS+ I could get Wild Arms free, but the store is shutting people out who want to pay for it on PS3.

From what you're saying, I suspect that a technical issue with PS+ may be partially to blame. It will be interesting to see what happens once Wild Arms is no longer free on Vita.
Message 3 of 5 (175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Well Wild Arms isn't free from PS+, so it's not strictly a PS+ issue, I was just thinking that it might be a free game issue.

Message 4 of 5 (172 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Wow, didn't know they would give a free game without PS+! So, now I just need to get a Vita. Clever marketing, Sony. Smiley Wink

But it's also odd that I cannot get a game (presumably) because it's free.

Message 5 of 5 (166 Views)
0 Likes