Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Re: PSN won't let me buy a game or add funds...guess they don't want my money.

Dec 26, 2010

I suggest updating your credit card info. make sure you are using your current address that the bank uses. I went through this a few weeks ago.

UNIT-TRB Trophy Card
Message 11 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 26, 2010

You can try adding funds through the Web Based account manager. Just login to your PSN/Qriocity account at the address below and you should be able yo use the add funs option under Transaction Management.

Message 12 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 27, 2010

wont work online either

Message 13 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 27, 2010

I had an issue like this and had to call sony.

I was informed that if you attempt to update your card info or make a purchase and it fails 5 times in a row for being incorrect, rejected by the bank. your PSN is barred from using CC transactions for 1 week, If after that it fails 3 times in a row the PSN is permanently barred from using CC transactions.

As to whether the SONY Rep was being truthful or if this is still the case is beyond me. If you call SONY Customer Support they should be able to tell you if your PSN has been barred from using CC Transactions.

ALSO - In order for you to be able to use a CC on the PSN it MUST accept Pre-Authorization Requests in order to be added for use on your account. Some Check Cards and CC Plans reject pre-authorizations requests. Especially CC Like Gift Cards (even if they are one issued by a CC company).

If you live in an apartment: I don't know what exactly determines this but sometimes you have to put your APT information on the 2nd Addy Line, and if it doesn't work there you have to put it on the same line for it to work.

This is all i can think of at the moment.

Message 14 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 27, 2010

was never incorrect just cant add to wallet always says card is worth 50 dollars

Message 15 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Dec 27, 2010

Well I've been doing alot of googling and it seems that you need to have the EXACT and I mean the EXACT information the way your bank has it.

Example: If the bank has your adress as 123 Broad STREET or whatever, then you have to enter it the EXACT way you see it. With all the caps, commas, periods, spaces, numbers, whatever.

So if you going to fix your info, best idea is to delete your old info and re-enter it all again.

So yeah, this is really agrivating, but  I'm going to try that tomorrow and see what happens, right now I'm gonna go take a nap.  Wish me luck.

Message 16 of 50 (1,276 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Dec 27, 2010

lol, good luck.

Message 17 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 28, 2010

ok three of 20 dollar cards bought at zellers works two 50 dollar cards from sears does not i think card numbers were stolen sent picture of cards and receipt to sony per request now waiting for reply

Message 18 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2010

I thought that I was the only one having this issue, I have been going crazy thinking my information was wrong that I entered, I guess I'll find something from the bank to make sure I have ever comma. Thanks for that tip. I agree this is so frustrating.

Message 19 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Well, finally got it to work ;D. So yeah try that method I explained before, it worked for me.

Message 20 of 50 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes