Jul 16 2012
By: Avanious First Son 3 posts

PSN signs out randomly and won't connect

5 replies 472 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

Hi, this recently started this week. I cannot connect to Netflix or even sign into the PSN network and I don't know what's causing this. All of my machines are connected wireless and both computers are connecting to the internet with no problem. The PS3 works fine connecting online but now only it randomly refuses to sign in. I reset the router and even checked out the Network settings but nothing. Then later that day, it'll connect on its own for a while and disconnect and refuse to sign in. Could this be a faulty wireless NIC built in or something else? It doesn't make sense that none of my other computers have problem connecting but only the PS3 is getting these problems.

Can someone tell me what may be the cause?

Message 1 of 6 (472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PSN signs out randomly and won't connect

Jul 21, 2012
ive been having the same issue. it happens to me at night. you dont happen to live in bronx, NY do you? im thinking PSn is messed up for my area
Message 2 of 6 (446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 21, 2012
I'm from New Orleans. I'm not sure if its a regional issue with the servers. It was working ok for the last 2 days and now it won't connect at all today. My internet connections on the computers are fine and my router is up and running so this has to be PSN's network and not something at home.
Message 3 of 6 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

In a perfect world this would never happen. Unfortunately the internet is not a guaranteed service. ISPs (Internet Service Providers (Cox/Comcast/AT&T/Rogers/Shaw/etc)) frequently see sudden shifts in the network when usage in a region hits certain thresholds, will automatically begin pushing users through a different direction, which can sometimes cause your internet to hang, or cause lag (packet loss), This is probably not the best interpretation of what is actually happening but to describe it easier, picture driving on a very busy freeway and being in the fast lane and having to cross say 10,000 lanes to get off at the next exit.

Powercycle and try again. If your connection worked before, wait awhile and It should return. Contact your ISP and check to see if there are any current issues with their DNS.

Message 4 of 6 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 23, 2012
The same thing is happening 2 me. It doesnt show a place for me 2 sign in. Does anyone know why!?
Message 5 of 6 (398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

Avanious wrote:

Hi, this recently started this week. I cannot connect to Netflix or even sign into the PSN network and I don't know what's causing this. All of my machines are connected wireless and both computers are connecting to the internet with no problem. The PS3 works fine connecting online but now only it randomly refuses to sign in. I reset the router and even checked out the Network settings but nothing. Then later that day, it'll connect on its own for a while and disconnect and refuse to sign in. Could this be a faulty wireless NIC built in or something else? It doesn't make sense that none of my other computers have problem connecting but only the PS3 is getting these problems.

Can someone tell me what may be the cause?

What is your NAT type? If you have NAT type 3 that could be a problem.

What error code (s) are you getting when you get signed out and what code (s) are you getting when you cant sign in?

Write these error codes down and google them, or put then on the forums here; they're might be people on here that had the same problem and can assist you.

Dont forget you can pick sony's ear at 1-800-345-SONY. (with problem and error codes)

Also, if you have the option to go to a wired connection, I would do that if I were you. Even sony has told me in the past that its more stable and I shouldnt download games and such wirelessly. (more of a chance of a corrupted file (s))

Message 6 of 6 (391 Views)
0 Likes