Mar 04 2012
By: Leiwei_the_Panda First Son 2 posts

PSN refund? installation killed my ps3.

2 replies 159 views Edited Mar 4, 2012

Hi there,

I bought Catherine on the PSN last night and left the PS3 to download the game overnight.  My PS3 shut off somewhere in the middle of the night because of the auto-shut off setting.  In the morning, I proceeded to install Catherine and during installation, the PS3 shut off at about 8% and went into a double blinking red light mode.

I managed to go into the system maintenance settings and try to rebuild the drive database etc etc but it still goes back to blinking double red lights.

Sometimes I'm able to have it boot with the green lights on but it will freeze at the screen that says if I want to switch to HDMI mode from 480p.  Otherwise, it will go back to blinking red lights.    My PS3 is the old old 20 gb model.

Can I possibly get a refund on Catherine while I try to figure out how to fix my PS3?  I haven't even installed or played it yet.  Heck, I don't even know if I will get another PS3 (if it is indeed complete broken) since I recently got a PS Vita and don't want to have to put down another $250 just to play a PSN game.

Message 1 of 3 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: PSN refund? installation killed my ps3.

Mar 4, 2012

It's not likely the installation killed your PS3. It's possible your PS3 was on its way to hardware failure before you purchased Catherine. I hope you made backups of your game saves if they're important to you.

Unless the game doesn't work on your account or you accidentally purchased the wrong version of the game, it's unlikely you will get a refund. But if you want to try, you need to call Sony Customer Support at 1-800-345-SONY. They also offer a refurb PS3 swap option for a hundred dollars or so plus your broken PS3 as trade-in.

Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: PSN refund? installation killed my ps3.

Mar 4, 2012

oh that's good to know.  Kinda bummed.  I really liked Catherine demo and saw it on PSN hence I purchased it there instead of the retail copy.  Just too bad that the ps3 has to get a hardware failure right after downloading it overnight.

Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)
0 Likes