Oct 21 2012
By: black_dragon256 First Son 3 posts

PSN not working, read multiple forums

6 replies 2701 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

Hello Smiley Happy

I'm having a rather annoying problem with my PS3 as said by the subject line. Here's what I read on other forums and tried, as well as taking advice from tech support over the phone. If anyone else has any idea's please post them!

When I do the network test, it connects to internet, but not the PSN. The nat type is failing, I've read that was because it was setup for port forwarding as well as DMZ but when I took both of them away, it still fails. Every step along the way I tried both a wired connection as well as wireless.

First I reset the system to default settings to see if that would solve anything - failed

Then, I called the playstation tech support , they told me to bring it to a friends house and try it out to see if it wasn't just my PSN account that was down for maintenance, I did, at first it was doing what it did at my place, but then he tweaked it so it had a static IP, and then it worked. So brought it back to my place and did the same thing - failed.

The following steps I did with a static IP:

Then, I read on forums to try the port forwarding, I did that according to the playstation network website - failed

Then, I also read on forums to try the DMZ, so I did and to no avail.

Watched a youtube video on how to get it to NAT type 2 (guarenteed) by putting it back to default settings, setting a static IP, turning on UPNP, turning off the system, setting that IP to the DMZ as well as port forwarding, turning on the system, and doing a network test. Still, no luck

So all in all I did every combination of the port forwarding, DMZ, UPNP, wireless and wired. It got to work at my friends house, I'm completly boggled as to why it doesn't work at mine. Any help is greatly appreciated, ty.

Message 1 of 7 (2,701 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Re: PSN not working, read multiple forums

Oct 21, 2012
im having similar issues...except, mines does connect to psn...but im constantly lagging and cant complete online games without getting disconnected for network timeouts or excessive grieving. its beyond frustrating and didnt start until this dreaded firmware 4.25 came out a month and a half ago
Message 2 of 7 (2,690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Not sure if that's very similar then Smiley Tongue at least you're able to get online. You should see what NAT type you have and if it's not type 1, try to get it to that, either that or it sounds more like a ISP problem more than a PSN problem.

Message 3 of 7 (2,685 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Very well it just maybe the latest software update 4.25. Annoying as hell cause I could be doing other things or taking a 10min break from MW3 or RES6 & Psn Automatically signs me out! Sony Needs to do other update ASAP or BO2 would not beat mw3 in sales if other people have psn issues!

Message 4 of 7 (2,682 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Is there anything that can be done about the patch? Or do I just deal with being off the PSN until the patch is fixed?

Message 5 of 7 (2,670 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Just wait it out i had enough of it.  Always ending my Agent Hunting RES6. Also i'm calling them tomorrow, i hope to get answer sooner than later.

Message 6 of 7 (2,659 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Oct 23, 2012

I talked to a support tech just now. She was very helpful. She said they are indeed well aware of the problems with peoples connectivities and that it was affected specific brands of modems and how they handle the PS3 over the internet. She could not say with certainty that 4.30 which is coming out soon would address everything but said they KNOW 4.25 is a problem!

At least we are getting somewhere!

Message 7 of 7 (2,615 Views)
0 Likes