Highlighted
Oct 12 2011
By: Goth_Hawk Monster Hunter 37 posts

PSN is Slow

6 replies 51 views Edited Oct 12, 2011

So Yesterday the PSN was fine and I was downloading happily. Then I went to download a game last night and it's been downloading ever since. The PS3 is connected wirelessly, and the signal strength is 100% but the connection test keeps saying failed, then saying i'm downloading rediculously slowly. I tried a speedtest on the PS3 and it says I am connected and the speed is around 1mbps yet the connection test via the XMB says like 500kbps or less.

Is it the PSN?

I also tried to do some SSF4 online to see if it would work, and even when I chose to fight someone with a a single red bar of signal strength, the match was perfect and without any slowdown or lag.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Message 1 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: PSN is Slow

Oct 12, 2011

Have you tried rebooting your modem/router/PS3?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 13, 2011

I am trying to download NBA JAM demo on PSN. It started quickly and then halfway the download went really slow. I rebooted the modem and no changes.

Message 3 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Oct 13, 2011

I'll try that. I thought to do that, but since no changes were ever made to the router or anything, I didn't think a reboot was needed.

Message 4 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 13, 2011

Depending on your provider, they can vary. Such as my internet provider, the devil "Cox" is so cocky that they sometimes reduce my connection to 300kb/s when we have 12mb/s so check up with them, also see if someone or something is obstructing it only a certain times, like a person walking near the router might do it, or a sleeping pet in front of it.

Message 5 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Oct 14, 2011

Rebooted everything and still much slower than it normally is. Could it just be the PSN or that many people are downloading the same files?

Message 6 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 8, 2012

the psn is deffinently slower. i don't care what anyone says, it's due to the latest update. it shouldn't take minutes to sign in or for your friends list to load. i never had this issue before the last update. maybe sony should update their servers.

Message 7 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes