0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Re: PSN is Live!

May 18, 2011

pyrodragon5 escribió:

The-Sarge wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

i believe its 2 for PSP and 2 for PS3. as for the list of selection, its the same that other regions are getting (excluding differences in titles), and even if they gave every account $10 to purchase anything they wanted thats $770,000,000 (seven hundred seventy million) some of that going to accounts that are no longer active and will never be seen again, basically wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars.  with the list there is more control as to not waste money on accounts that will never be used again.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!

Your logic doesn't even make sense.  Sony would not be giving money.  They would be giving redemption codes.  And if the redemption codes were given to inactive accounts then they wouldn't be redeemed, thus costing Sony nothing.  It only costs Sony money if the account uses the redemption codes.  So what are you trying to say?

Limiting the choice to the 5 games Sony has set aside doesn't save them any more money than my proposition. 

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

and where is your logic?  there are only a finite amount of codes to work with, if sony were to release a code to every account (77-100 million codes) there would not be anymore/ enough codes to use for PSN cards or special redemption codes.

that all being said, it would be nice to have seperate lists to choose from, say choose 2 of 5 games in list A, or 2 of 5 games in list B.

you make no sense at all, psn codes come in 12 digit hex numbers, that translates to over 200,000,000,000,000 possible codes...

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 422 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2948 posts

May 18, 2011

yes but how many have already been printed on PSN cards, game packageing and other promotions, as well as needed to continue doing these things? i know two hundred trillion is a large number, but alot of has been used and is needed.

mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 422 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2011

The Codes aren't hex, they use the whole alphabet + numbers, so 36 possibilities for each of the 12 spots. so 36 ^ 12 or

4,738,381,338,321,616,896 total combinations. 4.7 quintillion I quess that would be.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 422 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2011

all i can say is the whole PSN going down was a bummer, and yes our info WAS compromised, i know from my own personal experiance. im not going to bash Sony all i will say is somebody on there team dropped the ball and the bad guys took it and ran. at our expense no less, but if you do as i did you fixed it so your not in danger and you back it up with whateve service Sony ends up giving us. on the upside i online game to relive the stress of waching my littil girl suffer with cancer and i will tell ya some times that PS3 saved me from giving up on the whole chemo killing my kid thing. but i have a great family in MA and when they found out the network was down they got me the new xboxS and i have both units hooked up to the Bravia and both have there ups and downs but in the long run both now give me what i need X2.. and if Sony wants to give us anything it should be a safe and secure online gaming experance.. sorry about the spelling folks it been a long day and my brain is a littil melted.. just remeber to be happy your alive and healthy folks because some people are not that lucky.. see you on Black Ops guys and ya im that guy that gets killed as much as he kills.. it is all for fun..NO. peace out you all!

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 422 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2011

I guess PSN is 'live' for some definitions of the word 'live.' It's a mess for the past day, though. In Bioshock 2 I've only been able to play completely through about 5 matches, and had at least three or four times as many dropped matches -- and that's not counting the drops I've had when trying to find matches in the lobby. Ok, sure I completely stink at the game, and I'm just grinding to get the last couple of trophies, but still. It isn't working. Here's the sequence of my last two hours: drop in lobby, drop in lobby, get in match but drop at launch, drop in lobby, get in match and drop 5 min in, drop in lobby, get in match but drop a minute in, play through a match (and get to the results screen!) but drop at the end so the results don't post, drop in lobby, 80022322 in lobby, play through a match but drop at the end but this time results post, drop in lobby, 80710102, drop in lobby, 80710092 in lobby, drop in lobby, sign out on 80028ED4 in lobby.

I have the same configuration that worked before the outage, and in fact I was able to play Sunday and Monday enough to get 6 levels online. I had a fair number of drops in matches and the lobby then, but no-where what I've seen today. It's just been brutal today. Is someone attempting another DDOS? Is there some kind of work going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 422 (8 Views)
0 Likes