Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jun 11 2013
By: little_zambian First Son 2 posts
Offline

PSN (in Malawi?)

[ Edited ]
7 replies 150 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

I have done everything to verify my account. Called Sony, my bank, every variation possible for my Billing address after speaking to my bank and STILL funds cannot be added. What do I do? This is ridiculous. If the store doesn't want my money they should just send me an e-mail. I live in Malawi, does that make it not work? I am so confused.

 

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
29112 posts
 

Re: PSN

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

little_zambian wrote:

I have done everything to verify my account. Called Sony, my bank, every variation possible for my Billing address after speaking to my bank and STILL funds cannot be added. What do I do? This is ridiculous. If the store doesn't want my money they should just send me an e-mail. I live in Malawi, does that make it not work? I am so confused.


Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

You live in Malawi, where is your PSN Account registered to?

 

And yes, that is probably the reason.

 

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
5951 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013

They want your money, but they don't want fraud.  Unfortunately, there is so much credit card fraud out there that SONY has chosen to be very, very strict with their credit card verification process.

 

The almost sure-fire way to fund your account is with a pre-paid PSN card.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct


Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
5951 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:
>snip<

Welcome to the PayStation Community.

 

 >snip<

 

BRIT-KO


Hey BRIT, was that a Freudian slip?

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct


Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (138 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
29112 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:
>snip<

Welcome to the PayStation Community.

 

 >snip<

 

BRIT-KO


Hey BRIT, was that a Freudian slip?


Lol, good catch, I've corrected it now.

 

I'm probably just a little tired from last nights event & all the posting etc, need coffee need coffee need coffeeeeee...

 

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
Registered: 09/27/2010
Online
6733 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013

Are PlayStation Cards available in your country?

 

As far as I'm aware, when you enter the billing information, the address has to match excactly what is on your statement.

 

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013
I dont think playstation cards are available in Malawi. Its the exact address I have on my amazon and everywhere else I order from when I am in America. My ps3 is registered to my address in the states.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Online
17354 posts
 

Re: PSN

Jun 11, 2013

little_zambian wrote:
I dont think playstation cards are available in Malawi. Its the exact address I have on my amazon and everywhere else I order from when I am in America. My ps3 is registered to my address in the states.

And is that the same as your billing address?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes