Sep 15 2012
By: HighEntropy First Son 1 posts

PSN downloads VERY slow

3 replies 739 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

Recently my Playstation Network downloads have been taking upwards of 500 minutes - I've not taken the time to actually complete them. I attempted to download the NHL 13 demo today (under 2 GB) and the number continued to go up and up and up.

I know that it's not a problem with my network, as Netflix films will stream to my PS3 in very high quality and with no lag. It has something to do with my connection to the PlayStation Network - All of the necessary ports are forwarded, I'm just stuck from here.

Any help would be appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (739 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Re: PSN downloads VERY slow

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

|Welcome to the PS Community HighEntropy.

It can just be congestion on your ISP's network and/or SONY's own PSN network.

It is mid-month but given that you are watching HD movies via Netflix, does your ISP enforces a monthly bandwidth cap? Check to see that you have not gone over it. If Comcast happens to be your ISP then this isn't your issue, for they have disabled bandwidth caps, for now that is.

For what it is worth, these are my PSN forwarded ports.

PortFowarding.png

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Hey HighEntropy.  I've a question for you concerning your issue, maybe it can help clarify what's going on.

Did this problem occur after you updated to version 4.25? If so, then your Playstation is probably one of the many that have fallen victim to some kind of iffy coding in the new 4.25 Revision.

Here's a thread in which all of the 4.25 problems should be reported to.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/FEEDBACK-REQUESTED-4-25-Firmware-...

You should also try calling Sony.

Message 3 of 4 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Hi Dude

I've had the same problem but have found a temporary solution. you can make a BRIDGE CONNECTION from your ps3 to your laptop or pc.

Dont worry about not having two ethernet cables on your laptop or pc it will still increase bring your speed back to normal. I think all it means is that your taking bandwith from your laptop instead of directly from the modem.

http://dailykermit.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/bridge-connection-between-pc-and-playstation-3/

Message 4 of 4 (702 Views)
0 Likes