Dec 18 2011
By: ZEPHYROS-SF First Son 28 posts

PSN complaint form is broken... PLEASE fix it!

16 replies 452 views Edited Dec 18, 2011

I want to report cheating on a couple accounts... Dead Space 2 MP is riddled with cheaters... so I go to the complaint form, fill everything out, then when I get to the last screen to "confirm your complaint" and enter the security code, a box pops up that says "Your complaint is about to complete..." then NOTHING happens. I walked away from my Mac for at least an hour thinking maybe it was processing but NOTHING happened at all. I have no clue if my complaint was registered. I thought maybe it was a problem with Google Chrome so I used Firefox and got the same thing. Will you guys PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!!

Message 1 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: PSN complaint form is broken... PLEASE fix it!

Dec 19, 2011

It works fine in Mozilla Firefox.   However,  PSN doesn't seem to be taking the complaint form seriously b/c we're still getting frozen out by glitchers,  cheaters are still running rampant,  i'm DONE with Sony completely until they address cheating.

I will not spend another dime on ANY sony product.   I'm a well paid 35 year old, i can afford just about anything in entertainment devices, games, etc.  I'll spend my $ where it's wanted.

Message 2 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 19, 2011

If you're using Chrome it's not working try Mozilla works fine for me.

Message 3 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Chrome is rapidly becoming the more popular browser. I'm a web developer and have created and programmed over 30 web sites and I test mine on EVERY SINGLE browser... Sony has no excuses for not doing this. If it doesn't work in Chrome then it's a BUG that needs to be addressed.

Furthermore one of the things the complaint page says you can do is complain via the XMB. It says to hover over the mail message you want to complain about, hit Triangle and you should see a "grief report" option.... well guess what? THERE IS NO GRIEF REPORT BUTTON ON THE XMB WHATSOEVER!

Sony Playstation Network... YOU SUCK!

Message 4 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Not only that, every image on the Complaint page is a broken link. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE. I therefore have no way at all to complain about someone. Thanks Sony. Again... YOU SUCK!

Message 5 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28159 posts

Dec 21, 2011

ZEPHYROS-SF wrote:

Chrome is rapidly becoming the more popular browser. I'm a web developer and have created and programmed over 30 web sites and I test mine on EVERY SINGLE browser... Sony has no excuses for not doing this. If it doesn't work in Chrome then it's a BUG that needs to be addressed.

First of all, I doubt that the software that playstation.com is built on is developed by Sony, as it is Flash-based; so Sony probably has no control over which browsers are supported, or how well.  Second of all, if you have an issue with accessing a web site from a particular browser, ranting in the user community forum isn't going to solve anything.  The effective way to report a browser compatibility problem is to use the Site Feedback link, at the bottom of this very page.  That might get the issue resolved, eventually. That would also be the appropriate place to report the issue with the complaint form. Complaining about it in this forum is a waste of time.  Sony doesn't read this forum, and there is nothing that we can do about it. Third of all, you don't test your web sites with "every single" browser, and you certainly don't do so on every operating system (Test all of your sites with every Linux distro?  Not likely for a Mac user). No one does that.  If you think that you do, that just proves that you don't know about most of the web browsers that exist today.  Sony generally does not specifically support the Mac with its products.  They are a Windows PC vendor, after all; and Apple is a competitor.

ZEPHYROS-SF wrote:

Furthermore one of the things the complaint page says you can do is complain via the XMB. It says to hover over the mail message you want to complain about, hit Triangle and you should see a "grief report" option.... well guess what? THERE IS NO GRIEF REPORT BUTTON ON THE XMB WHATSOEVER!

There is a grief report button in the option menu for messages.  I've seen it with my own eyes, so you are not going to convince me that it doesn't exist.  It doesn't matter anyway, because that is only for reporting offensive content in PSN messages.  You can't use it to report griefing or cheating in games.

In general, it is a waste of time to report cheating in games that are not published by Sony, on Sony's web site.  Sony has neither the means, or the responsibility, to do anything about it.  Dead Space 2 is published by EA.  You need to report the cheating to EA directly, via its support channels.  Sony isn't going to do it for you.  Sony only policies Sony titles, at best.  If you want someone else to invest effort in stopping cheating so that you can enjoy a game more, you are going to have to at least make the effort to report it to the proper channels.

GKP
Message 6 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Yes the Complaint Form is broken. I have reported several IDs that were cheating on MW2 and have recieved a message failure email from the individual that is supposed to be taking care of the reports. The message failure is coming from a Peter Kang email at Sony Playstation. Obviously they don't care that their games have been overrun with hacks that make it nearly impossible for people to play.

Message 7 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Complaint form will not work for me as well.  I've tried on Firefox and Safari, and it still didn't work.  It freezes on "your complaint is about to complete" just like you.  It's very frustrating because I really need to report someone for super super vulgur and offensive language.  I've never in my life heard anything like what this guy on Black Ops was saying.  I'm apalled.  Of course, he left the session before I could just report him while playing.

Message 8 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Mar 13, 2012

It's not working for me, either...

I was trying to report a hacker that was aimbotting in Call of Duty: World at War (yeah, it's old, but people still play it). This guy (Vega1978) was on top of something that can't normally be accessed and kept getting headshots every time people on the team opposite of his respawned.

I won't blame Sony completely (it's really because of Call of Duty's P2P servers - easier to hack), but if a simple complaint form can't work, then what's the point?

Do I have to contact customer service as my only option?

Message 9 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I actually had it work for me one time a while ago and when I clicked the button it completed it instantly but that was the only time it has worked. Every other time it has failed me.

Message 10 of 17 (452 Views)
0 Likes