Aug 22 2013
By: machinegunnar First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN cheaters ruins the experience for us all-posting screenames and video to youtube

[ Edited ]
8 replies 203 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

PSN,

The cheaters on MW3 are becoming a problem and myself and others have decided not to purchase a ps4 or the Ghost eddition of Call of Duty due to this constantly occuring problem .

These cheaters are making themselves invincible and invisible, in my vaults are over 20 of these videos of which I am uploading to youtube, screen names include :***BLEEP***and many others.

I'm sure Microsoft will enjoy seeing that we cant even enjoy the money we spend with Sony and Sony  wont even remove the cheaters and hackers from our network. Ban thier IP, block thier accounts, it ruins the enjoyment of the games and is going to cost Sony money that we will be spending on a Network elsewhere that will do something about it, or just cease purchasing the games and system all together.

Your customer

Systems Network Administrator

MG

**Edited to remove other member names**

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1710 posts

Re: PSN cheaters ruins the experience for us all-posting screenames and video to youtube

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

machinegunnar wrote:

PSN,

The cheaters on MW3 are becoming a problem and myself and others have decided not to purchase a ps4 or the Ghost eddition of Call of Duty due to this constantly occuring problem .

These cheaters are making themselves invincible and invisible, in my vaults are over 20 of these videos of which I am uploading to youtube, screen names include :***Bleep**, and many others.

I'm sure Microsoft will enjoy seeing that we cant even enjoy the money we spend with Sony and Sony  wont even remove the cheaters and hackers from our network. Ban thier IP, block thier accounts, it ruins the enjoyment of the games and is going to cost Sony money that we will be spending on a Network elsewhere that will do something about it, or just cease purchasing the games and system all together.

Your customer

MG

Its not SONY's job to ban cheaters for a specific game.  That is up the publisher / Development Studio.

**please do not quote with blacklisting names**

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (183 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1366 posts

Re: PSN cheaters ruins the experience for us all-posting screenames and video to youtube

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

machinegunnar wrote:

PSN,

These cheaters are making themselves invincible and invisible, in my vaults are over 20 of these videos of which I am uploading to youtube, screen names include ***Bleep***and many others.

Your customer

MG

Dont get me wrong here I hate the hackers myself and they suck but there everywhere. Also I dont think COD is a good enough reason not to get a PS4 I mean come on the console deserves more than that

**please do not quote with blacklisting ids**

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (179 Views)
Wastelander
575 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I know how you feel dude.  There is just one big thing wrong with your post, you can't blacklist people on

the forums.  You need to get in touch with a moderator and tell that person your problem. :smileywink:

Bilsebob photo Fallout_zps06947524.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Activision hasn't done anything about that for the longest time. Can't blame sony,  just don't buy a cod... Simple. Regardless of system they are there. You claim other companies do something about it but unfortunitly they don't it's out of their control,  just in activisions hands. In the end of the day not buying a ps4 is your loss, youre one guy and some friends who may or may not keep their word...Now to get activision to do something be consistant on complains with people to follow.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (167 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18315 posts

Aug 22, 2013

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums, machinegunnar

As a SysAdmin you know this is a matter for the publisher of the game, the owner of the servers in which the COD series are played, Activision.  If only Activision were to cure this issue at the server level, put their SysAdmin too good use.

http://support.activision.com/

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (165 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13045 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Really?

I would have thought Infinity Ward would have control of the bans before Activision considering Activision publish it but the ones who should know it inside out are iW?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18315 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Really?

I would have thought Infinity Ward would have control of the bans before Activision considering Activision publish it but the ones who should know it inside out are iW?

Yes, Infinity Ward & etc, do develop the game(s) but they don't host/maintain the online servers.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4380 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Hi all,

Here are a few options you can use to report

To report CoD cheating to activision:

http://support.activision.com/Contact_Us

To report cheating/hacking on the PSN:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (121 Views)