Reply
Nov 08 2013
By: juicymalik1 First Son 4 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

PSN account banned/suspended

15 replies 50081 views Edited Nov 8, 2013
Title says it all, I tried to log-in to my account a few days ago, but found out it was banned/suspended. I called up Sony customer care, but they were of no use, e-mailed Sony, but no replies yet (sent multiple mails). It's been approximately 94 hours now and I'm fed up with this, this is my first ban in 5 years, and the internet me hasn't changed a bit! Help please. I posted the same on EU forums, not much help.
Message 1 of 16 (50,081 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
40519 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community for the US/NA.

 


juicymalik1 wrote:
Title says it all, I tried to log-in to my account a few days ago, but found out it was banned/suspended. I called up Sony customer care, but they were of no use, e-mailed Sony, but no replies yet (sent multiple mails). It's been approximately 94 hours now and I'm fed up with this, this is my first ban in 5 years, and the internet me hasn't changed a bit! Help please. I posted the same on EU forums, not much help.

Sony email support doesn't exist anymore so you won't get any replies back from the numerous emails you sent.

You should however receive an email (check your spam inbox too) from Sony to the email address registered with the PSN account explaining the reason & length of the ban/suspension, if it has already been longer than 72/94 houes (excluding weekends or holidays) then please call Sony for your country/region.

 

Please be advised that Sony does not take the decision to ban or suspened someone lightly, so even though you may think you did nothing wrong there's a very good chance you did!

 

Here's Sony's number for the USA.

 

Phone Icon

 

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 16 (50,077 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/08/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013
I called up Sony plenty of times, they give me an e-mail address (which i mailed to three times) and upon stating that I get no replies from them, they hang up on me.
Message 3 of 16 (50,070 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
40519 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013

juicymalik1 wrote:
I called up Sony plenty of times, they give me an e-mail address (which i mailed to three times) and upon stating that I get no replies from them, they hang up on me.

I'm just telling you what I know to be true, customer support with Sony is not available via email.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 16 (50,045 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
15660 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

juicymalik1 wrote:
I called up Sony plenty of times, they give me an e-mail address (which i mailed to three times) and upon stating that I get no replies from them, they hang up on me.

I'm just telling you what I know to be true, customer support with Sony is not available via email.

 

BRIT-KO


Certainly no e-mail availble for North America.

 

What did you do to warrant a ban?  Some are short, some longer and some permanent.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 5 of 16 (50,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/08/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013

I have no idea what I did to deserve this :/ I don't think it's a perma ban, because my account's still on my other account's list. The only thing I might've done wrong is been mean to a person, but that person was my friend, and it was all jokes! This one person came along and told me to stop, and we told her we're just messing about, but due to her limited understanding of English, she barely understood that, and went ahead and reported me. Other than that, can't think of anything. What sucks is that I pre-ordered Ghosts on the PS Store just a few days before being handed the ban. :/ 

Message 6 of 16 (50,033 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
3334 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 8, 2013
many reasons....

people reported you mutliple times for being an a55

your card company did a chargeback or somehow refund when you bought from the ps store

you tried to glitch/cheat trophies and they caught you

trying to jailbreak

if I were you id call again
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 16 (50,011 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/08/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 9, 2013
Well, I do admit I was a bit off lately.. But even when I did swear, I covered it with asterisks. Other than that, I've never cheated, nor tried to jailbreak, and I bought psn cards to buy Ghosts. So I guess i was an a55, but the very least Sony could do is e-mail me so I don't repeat my actions again!
Message 8 of 16 (49,976 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
40519 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 9, 2013

juicymalik1 wrote:
Well, I do admit I was a bit off lately.. But even when I did swear, I covered it with asterisks. Other than that, I've never cheated, nor tried to jailbreak, and I bought psn cards to buy Ghosts. So I guess i was an a55, but the very least Sony could do is e-mail me so I don't repeat my actions again!

Trust me, they'll likely be a good reason, stop over-thinking it, if it's been longer than 72/96 hours (excluding weekends & holidays) then contact Sony using the number above.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 9 of 16 (49,955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/21/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: PSN account banned/suspended

Nov 11, 2013
No matter, my account's back on Smiley Very Happy this is the one, thanks for the support xD
Message 10 of 16 (49,918 Views)
0 Likes