Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: pwnasauresrex First Son 4 posts

PSN Troubles

[ Edited ]
5 replies 237 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

I am having trouble connecting to the PSN. Whenever I do the internet connection test, I obtain the IP adress and internet connection, however I cannot seem to get passed the PSN portion of the test. I know it cant be PSN itself as a friend who doesnt live very far from me is connected to the playstation network.

I could use some help :smileysad:

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Re: Cant connect to PSN

Dec 18, 2012

Wanna know one crazy thing that happened to my little newphew? 

He wanted to log into the store but couldnt get on but was able to sign in...

What fixed it for him was fixing the time zone, and bam his he got connected.

The reason why I bring it up is maybe check and see if your in the right time zone under the setting tab on the XMB.

Its worth a shot.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 18, 2012

The timezone is correct, I was able to sign in, but it's still messing up. My friends list is completely empty even though on the us playstation site, the list clearly has people on it. When i go to the chatroom it either times out or i am able to enter it but signed out of the chatroom in a couple of minutes automatically. The connection seems to be weak or non existent even though the router is in the next room.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I was really hoping that time thing would of fixed it... 

Other than that I am in the dark on your issue aswell, Perhaps one of the Veteran members can key in.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PSN Troubles

Dec 18, 2012

I'm having the same exact problem, and it's not my internet every other computer in my house works fine except for my ps3. I've had about 3 different error codes that i can't really remember off the top of my head. I think they were 30710102, 30710092, and there was one other something like 3081085 or something. But as soon as i turn on my playstation and try to connect my laptop's internet stops working. I've tried reseting the DNS that didn't work, i've tried powercycling everything and that didn't help, i've turned off the multimedia and that hasn't helped either. I don't know what to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Re: PSN Troubles

Dec 19, 2012

toast-ninja wrote:

I'm having the same exact problem, and it's not my internet every other computer in my house works fine except for my ps3. I've had about 3 different error codes that i can't really remember off the top of my head. I think they were 30710102, 30710092, and there was one other something like 3081085 or something. But as soon as i turn on my playstation and try to connect my laptop's internet stops working. I've tried reseting the DNS that didn't work, i've tried powercycling everything and that didn't help, i've turned off the multimedia and that hasn't helped either. I don't know what to do.

Doesnt the error codes start with "80"

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes