Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: PSN Sub Account

Nov 20, 2013

My error? LMAO. If Sony specifically warned people of this back on ps3 than yes it would be my error....I love how it is my responsibility to know what future restrictions would be. Makes perfect sense....

Watch Dogs Multiplayer Montage:

http://youtu.be/-at2-OUjhrI
Message 21 of 45 (270 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
26337 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Slizzy wrote:

My error? LMAO. If Sony specifically warned people of this back on ps3 than yes it would be my error....I love how it is my responsibility to know what future restrictions would be. Makes perfect sense....

It was your choice to make a sub-account.......Now the repurcussions of that are your responsibility.......Makes sense to me......

Message 22 of 45 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Repurcussions? Are you kidding me? Like I said if at any point it mentioned that sub accounts will one day be restricted by Sony and not by the master account than yes I would 100% agree with you. But the fact of the matter is it wasn't There was never any mention that a sub account would be inferior to a master account. Like I've said before I don't understand why this isn't a parental control option. This would solve everyones problems. Since when did Sony become the caretaker of all sub accounts?

Message 23 of 45 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
26337 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Slizzy wrote:

Repurcussions? Are you kidding me? Like I said if at any point it mentioned that sub accounts will one day be restricted by Sony and not by the master account than yes I would 100% agree with you. But the fact of the matter is it wasn't There was never any mention that a sub account would be inferior to a master account. Like I've said before I don't understand why this isn't a parental control option. This would solve everyones problems. Since when did Sony become the caretaker of all sub accounts?

The sub account was always inferior to the Master account. Why would you assume it would be equal on a future system?

Message 24 of 45 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 20, 2013

It was only inferior to a master account if the master account made it inferior. Why should I assume Sony would take it upon itself to ensure all sub accounts are inferior and take the power away from the master account?

Message 25 of 45 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Sony please fix this issue.

Message 26 of 45 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Slizzy, ne1atall,

While I agree with the both of you, I will say this. If you were of age and mistakenly made a sub account I believe it was your own fault. Sub accounts are created to have parental blocks based on what the master account has set the rules for. That's highly understandable and acceptable. But Sony is at fault for overlooking the option to upgrade the account to a parent or master account once the user has become an adult or became the "age of majority" in their respective State, Province, or Country based on the address they use for their aaccount. I remember debating on lying about my age when I made the account when I was 16 but I thought it would affect me later on and now I'm paying the price for it. It may only seem to be the share options at this point that I am blocked from using but I was highly looking forward to using them as I game a lot and am out of the province for work a lot so anytime I get to record and screen upload some amazing gameplay to rub in my friends face I'm all for. Sadly I will have to make a new account and give up everything I had (unless I go buy another Vita, and yes I know I can have multiple users on the ps3 and ps4) to be able to have everything located to one account.
Message 27 of 45 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Nov 20, 2013

I agree, if you were old enough then you should've been more careful. But at the time I created my PSN account... I was 15 and now I am old enough to be a master account. It hasn't been an issue before since all the important features were available to sub accounts, but blocking the Share button on PS4 is terrible.

Message 28 of 45 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Kcow23 you bring up a good point that I never thought of. I'm sure there are quite a lot of gamers out there who were not of age when the made the account years ago. They are also being forced to either start from scratch or not enjoy all of the features Sony offers. It's amazing to me how badly Sony dropped the ball on this.

Message 29 of 45 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Now Sony has a 'first to greatness' challenge that requires sharing to try to compete in. This is bawls. Old man bawls. Im stuck at home sick and about to have my appendix removed and would love to kill my boredom trying this challenge out but noooooooo. Dammit Sony.
Message 30 of 45 (221 Views)
0 Likes