First Son
11 posts

Re: PSN Sub Account

Nov 18, 2013
I'll even gladly pay a $20 service fee to get mine switched to a master account. It just baffles me that it was never thought of when they were creating the network. Especially since they are known for brand loyalty and relied on it through the years. Gamers grow up with your systems Sony, you know this.
Message 11 of 45 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I agree, I have this issue and we should all be able to upgrade to a master account...  it was just a huge oversight from Sony back at the start of PSN. I was fine with not being able to upgrade on PS3, but I thought that they would sort out the problem by the time PS4 released and sadly they haven't. The master account has a setting to allow viewing and sharing of user generated media, but enabling it doesn't do anything since the PS4 seems to disable the Share functionality for ALL sub accounts which is lame.

Message 12 of 45 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I have also been tweeting Shuhei Yoshida, Shahid Kamal and Adam Boyes in hopes that they might make this issue a priority. Shuhei mentioned on IGN that it isn't impossible, but that it takes a lot of work and it currently isn't a priority.

Message 13 of 45 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Nov 19, 2013

You can up vote the ability to upgrade from Sub account to master account here. Shuhei Yoshida retweeted it so hopefully he will be taking a look at it. 

http://ps4featurerequest.uservoice.com/forums/231500-feature-requests?filter=hot&page=1

Message 14 of 45 (333 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 19, 2013
I'm with you 100% on this!!! I can't believe they dropped the ball this badly on this....I want to use the features that were promised to me...why can't they just add this as a parental control option?? I really don't get it Sony.... this needs to be fixed asap!
Watch Dogs Multiplayer Montage:

http://youtu.be/-at2-OUjhrI
Message 15 of 45 (329 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 19, 2013
He tweeted out that vote link Kchow? I voted on it but I highly doubt anybody looks at that stuff or even these forums which is quite upsetting. I've tweeted the man about 5 times now without a response. After watching the IGN video Shu did recently with the sub accounts mentioned, it seems like they didn't even think of an upgrade option at all. To paraphrase, he basically said "it wasnt built that way". Did they really just assume people would just make new accounts? Were they going for a userbase number increase based on PSN id's for some random percentage to advertise to investors? It just doesn't make sense.
Message 16 of 45 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Another thing that bothers me is that when I used to work for "the console that shall not be named" people would call in to have their account upgraded and it took 10 seconds. They are even able to upgrade it right from the "Parent" account. It's an option called "Promote Child Account" and can be done the moment the child user turns 18. It can't be that hard to implement on a PlayStation.
Message 17 of 45 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

He did retweet the link and a lot of people have been posting on it, it seems. In the interview with IGN he did say that it would seem like an easy solution but it takes a lot of work and it isn't a priority right now, but it isn't "impossible". I think MP3 and DLNA weren't a priority either and from such a big response they refocused on it, so I am hoping the same happens for sub account upgrading.

Message 18 of 45 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 20, 2013

This needs to be addressed ASAP....and not "we'll look into it"... This is a huge error on Sony's part and needs to be corrected sooner rather than later..

Watch Dogs Multiplayer Montage:

http://youtu.be/-at2-OUjhrI
Message 19 of 45 (293 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Slizzy wrote:

This needs to be addressed ASAP....and not "we'll look into it"... This is a huge error on Sony's part and needs to be corrected sooner rather than later..

Error on Sony's part? That's not what you said in the other thread. The error was yours.

Slizzy wrote:

Brit-ko:

Yes as a sub account you can still play online, but you do not have access to the share features. About a month after ps3 was released I changed my name, and instead of making a new master account i created a sub account. Now I have to choose between all of the trophies and friend list that I have built up or starting from scratch to use the features that I paid for....

To me this is completely unaccaptable. I paid the same as anyone else had but because my account isnt a master I get ripped off and am unable to use these great features. I have been a huge Sony supporter since PS1, but this is hitting the wrong nerve with me.....

Message 20 of 45 (291 Views)
0 Likes