Nov 16 2013
By: Motion151 First Son 11 posts

PSN Sub Account

44 replies 1484 views Edited Nov 16, 2013

Hello,

I have been a long time supporter/fanboy of PlayStation.  I have had every console released from the Original PS1, including all of your PSPs/Vita, and now the PlayStation 4. Can you, Sony, please for the love of all gamers, add in the ability to upgrade the sub account. I created an account in 2006 when I was 16. I am now 23, a legitimate adult with bills, my own toaster, a dog, and a fancy job title for a global company, and yet I can't even upload a screenshot on your new, highly advertised, 'Share' feature. I have spent a lot of money on the playstation store, I have a  Vita with my "sub" account tied to it, I have trophies, I even use my own credit card on the master account I had to ask my mother to create for me because I didn't want to lie about my age. Why should I have to make a new account and lose everything I have purchased, have to wipe my vita and lose everything on that, lose out on the PlayStation Plus subscription I have already paid for, just because you guys dropped the ball on something. Can you please fix this? Even if you just add in a feature to the Master Account that unlocks all the features that the Sub Accounts do not have access too. Even the Facebook thing is ridiculous, you only have to be 13 to open a Facebook account. I stood in line this morning in Canadian winter weather to get the console with all the flashy features you've been daintily speaking about since your February unveil, and I can't even use them. I can't even use the 1 free month I was happy to receive with my console. I can deal with the PSN issues for the first couple days, and the constant game delays, but for eff sakes Sony, please fix this isssue. It's annoying.

Message 1 of 45 (1,484 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
3364 posts

Re: PSN Sub Account

Nov 16, 2013

Moved from PlayStation® Forums Support.

Message 2 of 45 (1,473 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I recommended tweeting shuhei yoshida
I want everyone to do this that way they get that we need this upgrade feature. It's ridiculous .
We should try to keep this thread bumped..
Message 3 of 45 (1,464 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I agree. I hate twitter and I even resorted to sending him a tweet. 

Message 4 of 45 (1,451 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I say we keep this bumped, get enough people to complain the same thread and then send it to playstation's twitter account.
Message 5 of 45 (1,402 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Nov 17, 2013

THIS 100%!

I cant believe I am screwed from using so many features on the PS4 because I am stuck with a sub account from when I first started PS3, AND I CANT EVEN CHANGE IT! 

Can't use Sony unlimited music service unless on a master account.  

Cant upload screenshot, broadcast gameplay, or upload video unless on a master account.

Don't even see facebook options, must be on a master account only. 

Cant change a sub account to a master account....ever?  really ever?  there should be an option, even if it is through the master account to enable sub accounts to either use the content or become the master account.  So much god **bleep** money put into PSN and I can't even use the effin share features with the new console.   

Message 6 of 45 (1,360 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

I seriously find it so ridiculous that they didn't plan for this...as if people don't age or people are okay with just giving up all of their paid for content...

This really needs to be taken care of.

Also, does anyone that can even get word of this out to proper people read these forums...seems like were talking to a wall.

Message 7 of 45 (1,344 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I'm in the same boat. I have a master account when I got my first PS3. I made a sub account when I got my 2nd PS3. It was my mistake for not knowing how badly the restrictions would be, but I've invested a lot of $$$ for DLC and content on my sub account. Same goes for my PSVita, I use my sub account on that, and luckily, the docial functions work there (at least it posts to FB about trophies and activity). But with PS4, what a bummer... My PS4 is activated under my sub account, and all the DLC and redeemable codes (minus the $10 credit that came with the system) - and sharing/uploading content isn't allowed. How did they not see a fix for this? Up your game, Sony. You want to be ahead? Let us promote subs to master accounts... or at least enable ALL sharing/social features to sub accounts (especially is the sub user is 18+ in age).

I've tweeted Shu and AskPlaystation/Playstation twitter accounts.

Message 8 of 45 (1,319 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013
^ exact same boat! I have to much sunk into my sub account to abandon it, between my ps3, vita, and my ongoing ps+. I either need the option to 1) update my sub to a master, 2) have master account control to unlock all features for my sub, or 3) need an option to migrate my psn history and current subscribed to services to a new master account.

In my opinion this should be one of the top priorities within the first few weeks.

Shu needs to get this done!
Message 9 of 45 (1,282 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Additional thread on the topic:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Wait-so-I-CANNOT-use-Share-with-a-sub-a...

No solution...just more fuel for the fire.
Message 10 of 45 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes