Highlighted
Jun 02 2011
By: Skelosk Lombax Warrior 172 posts

PSN Store error kinda bricked my ps3....

4 replies 120 views Edited Jun 2, 2011

Went on to browse the PSN Store, got an error and immedietly after, my ps3 shut down....now it won't turn up anymore. The LED won't even light up.

Message 1 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Re: PSN Store error kinda bricked my ps3....

Jun 4, 2011

How can the Store brick your PS3? A System can't brick unless It performs a Firmware Update. Do you remember what the error  code was? Did you get a YLOD or some sort? Are fans running fast?

What kind of PS3 do you have? Slim or Phat?

Message 2 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2011

A fat one, one of the first models with retro-compatibility, and I have no idea if the fans are spinning fast because my console has basically no power anymore. No lights, no nothing.

And yes, I checked the power outlet, cable and everything. Nothing wrong.

And it happaned right after getting this error, so how can it be a coincidence?

Message 3 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

i got a fat one too man, the one with retro- compatibility, and when i turned it on it was workin fine. Then i went in to store, got the playstation plus service and it was still workin fine, then like a min later my ps3 just turned off. I wasnt lookin at tv wen it turned off so i didnt see any errror message. Yea i dont think its a coincidence either man. My power light still works, but it goes from solid red(off) to green(on) then to yellow then to blinkin red and stays like that til i touch the power sensor again man. Then it just goes back to solid red. sucks.

Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Jun 4, 2011

If it's completely dead, it sounds like a power supply issue. Power supplies in any appliance can fail for a variety of reasons, overheating, power surges, component failure etc.  Most likely a coincidence.                          

Jackal

-Marshmallow for brains-
Message 5 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes