Splicer
62 posts

Re: PSN Problem

Feb 20, 2012

@saskmale88 "For about a week now my download speeds on my connection test have been around 3.5 mbps. My desktop has a download speed above 1.0 kbps sometimes almost 2.0 kbps."

3.5 mbps I'm assuming you mean mega bits per seconds (which is broadband approximately 448 kilo bytes per second)

1.0 kbps - 2.0 kbps in bytes that is extremely slow. If i'm not mistaken that is dial up speed (dial up speed may be faster)

I would imagine there is a connection issue. Also just because another device does not recognize a drop in connection doesn't mean that other devices will follow suit.

You also said "I gave up even trying to install the game data onto the system when I was at 778,000 minutes." that calculation is based on download speed vs the amount needed to be downloaded meaning your connection speed is extremely slow for unknown reasons. It could be something between the ps3 and the router if it's wireless slowing the signal as well as the router. If those are not the issue most likely it would be with the wire outside of your router that your isp would be responsible for. Most likely my best guess would be router issues. I would once again recommend attempting a hard reset. Also if you're being booted from psn and singing back in after 5 minutes it's because the connection is dropping most likely.

Message 11 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Its is the psn they just wont addmitt to it same code this been going on for months now i refuse to buy any more games look foward to buying an x box. i also called them up the dude was like oh you need to open your ports yet he could not show me how.They are lieing

Message 12 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 21, 2012

uax4it wrote:

Its is the psn they just wont addmitt to it same code this been going on for months now i refuse to buy any more games look foward to buying an x box. i also called them up the dude was like oh you need to open your ports yet he could not show me how.They are lieing

If it turns out to be your internet connection, then you will likely have the same problem on your new Xbox 360.

Message 13 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 21, 2012

saskmale88 wrote:

Has to be something up with the PSN, everything wireless in my house works fine. Desktop is all good, Ipod works fine. For about a week now my download speeds on my connection test have been around 3.5 mbps. My desktop has a download speed above 1.0 kbps sometimes almost 2.0 kbps. Yesterday a friend lent me a game to try out and since it was a game I have never had in my system b4 I needed to download the game data to play it. I gave up even trying to install the game data onto the system when I was at 778,000 minutes. Can't stay connected to PSN for more than 5 minutes without getting Error: you have been signed out of PSN.

So really guessing not an isolated incident and has to be a psn issue as I can also surf, stream, and have no problems at all with anything else in my house.

Is your PS3 connected to your router by wireless then? The PS3's wireless reception isn't always as strong as other devices. You can try updating your router firmware to fix bugs and improve wireless performance, or change the router wireless channel between 1, 6 or 11 to find a channel that provides a stronger signal between the PS3 and wireless router.

Message 14 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I came on here to vent. I've had it with Sony's poor excuse for what they consider quality net service. This is disgusting. It has disconnected multple times over the past few days(at least twice today) and really feels slow as hell. I would much rather have Sony restructure their network or them just give up all together because this is embarrassing.\

I don't think I'll be getting another Sony system ever again; and this is coming from someone whose had ps1 from 1997.

Message 15 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Here is another suggestion. I posted http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37441007#37441007 Might be worth a try I don't know if it will work or not. My suggestion was to use a hexadecimal version of your network key, and completely revamping your network settings on the ps3. Sometimes recreating your network on all ends can solve the issue.

Message 16 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 21, 2012

yes, my ps3 is connected wirelessly,just like 2 weeks ago I thought maybe it was my internet so I just switched to the fastest internet my provider has. and when I switched they brought me a wireless modem/router combo. I can see on my ps3 that the channel is on 11. It also occured to me that maybe possibly my ps3 as it is the old school 60 gig. that I have trouble bringing myself to getting rid of since it is backwards compatible. But shrugged that off when My brother comes over with his PS3 and he has a new 320 gig slim and his does that same thing.

If I run an ethernet straight from modem to PS3, would that possibly pick up my speeds or not likely? It just seemed fine up untill about 2 weeks ago and just out of no where for no reason I couldnt stay connected for more then 5 mins. Really kinda irks me since just bought the full version of Payday the Heist  and only played for about a few days and now cant stay connected even long enough to get to create a new game...

Message 17 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Change the wireless channel. You have three choices: 1, 6 or 11. If 11 doesn't work, try 1 or 6.

If it is convenient for you to run an ethernet cord to your PS3, then that is the better route.

Message 18 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes