Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Re: PSN Password Changed.. But I didn't change it.

Nov 26, 2013

same issue here, guess I need to hit forgot PW then?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 41 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 26, 2013

It just hit me as well... was playing all day now it wants a new password. Wish Sony would communicate better. I dont mind changing it, but I would like them to give us a heads up rather than allowing us to think someones "hacked" it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 41 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 26, 2013

hmmm I maybe in a pickle. My son uses my account and I use his account. I made up a bday for him but since he is young I had to make him seem older. I have no idea what the Bday I put in. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 41 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Just use the link that Tempest_Fire provided and follow the steps.

Here it is again: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2539

Select forgot password, enter your information and wait for an email.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 41 (370 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Just got off the phone with one of the Representatives of Sony support after being on hold for nearly an hour.  She told me everyone got or is getting their passwords reset.  Didn't give me a specified reason.  Could be due to some unexpected maintenance or something.  She really didn't say.  All she told me is that she's been on the phone all day with everyone with the same issue.  Hence the reason why for such a long hold on the phone.  But bottom line.  Everyone is getting their passwords reset.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 41 (359 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 26, 2013

ghd1379 wrote:

Just got off the phone with one of the Representatives of Sony support after being on hold for nearly an hour.  She told me everyone got or is getting their passwords reset.  Didn't give me a specified reason.  Could be due to some unexpected maintenance or something.  She really didn't say.  All she told me is that she's been on the phone all day with everyone with the same issue.  Hence the reason why for such a long hold on the phone.  But bottom line.  Everyone is getting their passwords reset.

can't believe i needed date of birth.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 41 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I am amazed I even remember my PSN password not to mention my other 12 different ones out there from other sites, which I enter correctly at least at the third try lol. But yea I can relate to you guys with password paranoia, but don't worry as long as you remember your email address password to recover it lol... :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 41 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Nov 26, 2013

That link did nothing to resolve my password issue. I had the exact same steps on my Vita and both have yet to yield an email to reset my password. PSN is becoming a bitter experience.

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 41 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I seemed be hit with the password reset thing.  My problem is the birthdate I enter comes back incorrect.  I am on hold for support to see what I can do about it.  

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 41 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Jmes99 wrote:

I seemed be hit with the password reset thing.  My problem is the birthdate I enter comes back incorrect.  I am on hold for support to see what I can do about it.  

same boat been on hold for 20 min now.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 41 (299 Views)
0 Likes