Nov 25 2013
By: Mischief805 Sackboy 513 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN Password Changed.. But I didn't change it.

[ Edited ]
41 replies 2510 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

So I have my Vita and My Ps3 both set to auto sign-in. When I turned on my vita it told me the password entered is not correct. I put in my password, that I havn't changed for months, and it didn't work. Turned on my ps3 and it was the same problem. At first I thought maybe my account had been temporaily banned or something but it turns out my password was changed! I recovered it though the "Forgot Password" option, and changed it to something completely different. Nobody knows my password. I am sure of that. I don't share that information with anyone for any reason ever. I'm not sure what happened but it's honestly a little scary. Does anyone have any idea what could have possibly happened?

From PlayStation SupportIf you are having this issue, please read this post for more details. - MV

Message 1 of 42 (2,510 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: PSN Password Changed.. But I didn't change it.

Nov 25, 2013

We routinely monitor for irregular activity, and if such activity is detected, we may sometimes reset passwords of affected SEN accounts to protect consumers and their account information.

You just need to go through the Password reset flow: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2539

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 2 of 42 (2,507 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Nov 25, 2013

yeah my girlfriend is getting the samething on her account and when we type in her info it says its incorrect(which its not) then try again it says the network is undergoing maintnance what did u guys screw up over there at sony this time?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 42 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I had the same thing just happen.  My account is also on my brother's system, so I assumed either he did it or something internally changed it.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 4 of 42 (2,420 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I had a similar problem but mine is a little different. I tried to log in to my psn account today through my playstation 4 and got a message indicating that my password was no longer valid and that it needed to be changed. After that I was prompted my Date of Birth and after I entered I got a message indicating that my date of birth was also incorrect. I tried to log in through my ps vita and got the same sequence. I've had the same account since I bought my ps3 back on 2006 and never changed the password. But it seems that now there's no way I can acces my account or change my password. I'm currently using my girlfriend's account to writte to you. I need help. What could cause this? How can I get acess back to my psn account? 

Message 5 of 42 (2,401 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Nov 26, 2013

**Just spoke with them they said there is nothing they can do to help you regain access to your account at this moment as their systems are updating and it can take 2+ more hours and their not available after 10pm Pacific time so might be out of your accounts for awhile...their support opens back up at 6am Pacific time....SO not much time left for them to complete these updates and field all the calls their getting...They messed something up obviously its a shame staff members on here are not even in communication with sony reps to tell us this info on here without us waiting an hour and 45minutes on hold.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 42 (2,382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Yeah, there wasn't any irregular activity on my account. This is an issue now since it's more then 5 of us with the same problem all of a sudden. It took me forever to even get the Reset password e-mail in the first place.

How annoying.

YB

Message 7 of 42 (2,373 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 26, 2013
YeaH. NOW I have no idea which date of birth I entered.... Im so sad right now.... Now I will never be able to play with my PS3.... this is just great... and never again with my Vita.... What Can I do???

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 8 of 42 (2,357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Thanks for the update... I've been on hold for 45 minutes so I will just hang up! 

Message 9 of 42 (2,355 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1221 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I'm having the same problem. I was just on, left to go to the store, came back, "password or email is incorrect." UH.. WHAT?! 

Message 10 of 42 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes