331 posts

Re: PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Tomorrow

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Advocate023

08-26-201203:40 PM

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm​?a_id=241
------------------------------
If you have a router even remotely involved in your LAN you have a firewall. If you have a firewall you have ports that are both opened and closed. EVERY router has a firewall and is designed to browse the internet. But your iPhone and your Laptop computer are not cleared nor qualified to connect to playstation store. The only feature you will get with those devices is to be able to sign in to Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and us.playstation.com, Thats it.

Your playstation on the other hand REQUIRES specific ports open and available to connect online. Either you make sure those are open, or stay disconnected. Im only here trying to point you in the right direction. Not provide you with an EASY button.

------------------------------

You are correct that there is a router (not firewall) issue but the attached article does not lead to a satisfactory answer. The ports mentioned are opened (as all outgoing traffic is) on my firewall and I disabled the only incoming rules which overlapped the mentioned ports with no result.

When I directly connected (DC) to the cable modem I was able to connect to PSN so there is some NAT issue but I had no problems connecting before this update and now does not work when behind my network with all my other computers attached to the network. My firewall has detailed logs and there is no traffic being blocked in either direction to either side. As I watch the traffic (TCPDUMP) I see no indication of anything obvious though I did see one timeout to 174.76.228.25(COX Communications) on port 80. I was able to connect to that IP on port 80 from my PS3, however (using the browser).

It's possible there's a private 192.168.69.0/24 network on SONY's side of the network but that would mean that all of us that have the problem also have that unusual private address.

Whatever it is it's clear that there is a problem with at least some people. The problem hasn't gone away - there is a work around (DC) but it'd be nice if someone would speak up.

The issue must be somewhat isolated or action would have been taken already to correct it.

Message 21 of 27 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
26 posts

Sep 10, 2012

PSN just continues to get better, and plus there's more awesome games & demos to checkout, PS HOME is a bonus for that excitement, can't wait to see what other awesome additions SONY will add to PSN. lol

Message 22 of 27 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

After the latest update, which I was able to download from behind my firewall, I still cannot login to the playstation network.

Even when I open ALL PORTS (1-65535) for both TCP and UDP both ways (and redirect them to my PS3) I cannot sign in from behind my firewall...

Message 23 of 27 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Sep 14, 2012

if there is a problem whatever it may be, wouldnt it make sense to have an official statement ,when we had the outage last year most of us just shut up and got on with it,hackers are unfortunatly part of the world we live in ,but if most people think the problem is with their own equipment they are going to start messing with their system and just make things worse,so whatever is  wrong can we please be told ,in the meantime im happy just to play games on disc

Message 24 of 27 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2015
It's already 2 CST here in Central TX. I hope they are going to give us an extra free day!
Message 25 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14100 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2015

@AngelBelladonna

You've posted in a THREE YEAR OLD thread.  Check the date BEFORE posting.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 26 of 27 (147 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
3056 posts

Jan 15, 2015

Please be more careful and always check the dates before posting, as necrobumping is forbidden. This thread will now be locked.

Message 27 of 27 (141 Views)