Highlighted
Mar 21 2013
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

PSN Login Issues - Feedback Thread (Issues on 3/21/2012)

[ Edited ]
29 replies 427 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

If you are experiencing issues with logging on to PSN as of 3/12/2012; please let us know your experience in this thread. It would be helpful to list information such as your ISP and anything else describing your experience. 

SUBSCRIBE TO THIS DIFFERENT THREAD FOR UPDATES: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/PlayStation-Network-Login-Issues/... 

Thanks, and let us know your experience if you're not able to log in at this time. 

Message 1 of 30 (427 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: PSN Login Issues - Feedback Thread (Issues on 3/21/2012)

Mar 21, 2013

it will let me log in but in less than a minute it signs me out. it didnt start happening until the system update i ran before i went to work this morning. i rebooted everything from the ps3 to my router and cable modem. my internet is through Insight which it has been for years

Message 2 of 30 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 21, 2013

PSN hasn't worked for me since last Saturday night, may have been longer, but was first I logged in that I remember PSN down.    Anyway,it would be nice is SONY dropped a line letting us know that the system is down.   The main reason being, then I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting my equipment.   

Message 3 of 30 (386 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Mar 21, 2013

hy5678 wrote:

PSN hasn't worked for me since last Saturday night, may have been longer, but was first I logged in that I remember PSN down.    Anyway,it would be nice is SONY dropped a line letting us know that the system is down.   The main reason being, then I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting my equipment.   

Sorry to hear about the issues. When you notice any hiccups, you can always check @PlayStation on Twitter, or come to the PSN section in the Support forums. If there is an unscheduled hiccup, we'll always do our best to get the info posted on here. 

Of course, for regularly scheduled updates, those are broadcast fairly in advance, but I know that's not the issue here. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Message 4 of 30 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I'm not having an issue logging into PSN, but then again I haven't tried.  The issue I'm having is once I'm logged into my unit, I'm unable to play Black Ops II because it keeps telling me that "Guest accounts are restricted form accessing this content." or some crap when I try to play online.  What is going on with you guys over there?  Seems to me like you are offline quite a bit over there at playstation as of lately. 

Message 5 of 30 (379 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Terabojin wrote:

I'm not having an issue logging into PSN, but then again I haven't tried.  The issue I'm having is once I'm logged into my unit, I'm unable to play Black Ops II because it keeps telling me that "Guest accounts are restricted form accessing this content." or some crap when I try to play online.  What is going on with you guys over there?  Seems to me like you are offline quite a bit over there at playstation as of lately. 

That sounds like a seperate issue then from logging into PSN. You may want to contact Customer Service to see if they can help. 

Message 6 of 30 (337 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I've been informed that the wider connectivity issues on PSN have been cleared. If you continue to have issues with connecting to PSN, please contact Customer Support directly. 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options 

Thank you

Message 7 of 30 (336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2013

its still doing it, netflix, black ops 2 and home

Message 8 of 30 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Still failing when trying to connect to PSN.

I reboot PS3, reconfigure network and getting error 80710102

Message 9 of 30 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Morgan, thanks for your quick answer.  However, your own PSN status page hasn't been updated since 3/15/13, and still says PSN is online.   The twitter page is also pretty hard for one to understand what is going on.  What I gather from twitter is only certain areas of the country are having problems.

"is the PSN down" , a Non-Sony webpage, is the only place where I can find any usefull information about the PSN status.

Anyway, PSN is a free service, and I understand that issues do arise.   I can only remember one or two  issues last year, so your record is still very good.   Keep up the good work, and I hope this issues is solved soon.  I am missing my Black ops 2 multiplayer action.

Larry

Message 10 of 30 (304 Views)