Oct 31 2011
By: snaggle09 First Son 3 posts

PSN ID on PS3 different than playstation.com

0 replies 47 views Edited Oct 31, 2011

Hi all,

I've had my PS3 for about a year now and have always used one ID for online play.  I recently began logging on to EA, Origin, and us.playstation.com because I got the new Battlefield game.  I know I've had this playstation account for a while now online, back when I had my PS2 and didn't play games online with a console.  But my online account name is different than my name I use for online play because when I got my playstation I just made a new account.  I don't understand how this is possible because I used the same email and password on my playstation as I did online because I forgot about my online account and ID.  I know its the original ID I used when I signed up for playstation.com all those years ago, but I need to change it to my actual PSN name because EA is saying my old account name is the one I'm using.

Its really frustrating and I think its why I cannot log onto battlelog.battlefield.com to access my battlefield stats and my clan.

So, is there any way to change my old playstation.com username to my actual PSN game ID?

What should I do? Delete my account online and remake it with the correct name?  Would it connect to my game account then?

I just don't understand why it doesn't notice that I'm using the same email address for both accounts.  I figure it would have told me that email was already taken.  Or at least link both of my PSN accounts to EA and Origin.

Thanks ahead of time,

Alyssa

Message 1 of 1 (47 Views)
0 Likes