Sep 15 2012
By: BorikuaRose First Son 2 posts

PSN Failed log in

6 replies 5246 views Edited Sep 15, 2012
Can't log into the PSN through my PS3. Keep getting error message that it failed. Called PSN they told me it's my Internet provider. That Verizon would have to open up a port. I called Verizon and they told me in order for them to open up port I would have to pay a one time fee of $39.99 for a 30-minute port update by their IT tech then pay a monthly fee of $14.99 for technical support in case I come across any problems. WTH! Some one help me out is there another way to log into the PSN on my PS3 so I can upload my game codes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU!!!
Message 1 of 7 (5,246 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39516 posts

Re: PSN Failed log in

Sep 15, 2012

BorikuaRose wrote:
Can't log into the PSN through my PS3. Keep getting error message that it failed. Called PSN they told me it's my Internet provider. That Verizon would have to open up a port. I called Verizon and they told me in order for them to open up port I would have to pay a one time fee of $39.99 for a 30-minute port update by their IT tech then pay a monthly fee of $14.99 for technical support in case I come across any problems. WTH! Some one help me out is there another way to log into the PSN on my PS3 so I can upload my game codes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU!!!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Verizon huh, what type of internet do you have exactly, is it wired or wireless, I assume it's a broadband service?

Ports do sometimes need to be opened up, usually it's something you can do yourself though, I think Verizon are "taking you for a ride", especially over the $15.00 a month fee, that sounds plain wrong to me.

What's the error code you're getting exactly & have you looked your error code up to ascertain what it means?

Also has this just started happening, were you able to previously connect ok, give us some more information & we may be able to help you out.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (5,244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I'm trying to log into my playstation network account so that i can go to the playstation store and retrieve a code for an add on to a game. Now everytime i try to log in it says "your connection with sony playstation timed out" and when i go to network settings to check the internet connection test it says this:  Obtain IP Address - Succeeded

Internet Connection - Succeeded

*Playstation Network - Failed

I used to have access and all of a sudden i do not, how can i fix this problem?

Message 3 of 7 (5,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 18, 2012

If you phone Sony to ask for their help, like I've done several times, you'll be greated with techs that insist it is your problem!  I assure you, it isn't... Sony has their head stuck in the sand about problems with PSN!

Message 4 of 7 (5,170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 19, 2012
What error code do you get?
Message 5 of 7 (5,148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I'm getting Error code 80710D23, for most of today.

Message 6 of 7 (5,144 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

NW-5603-4 and NW-10678-2 when downloading system update.

NP-2066-4 when doing Internet Connection Test and all success except PSN login which fails.

However, the PS Store on the Vita and game downloads work fine (although slow!)

I have at least 20 other devices connected to my router and ZERO of them other than the Vita have any issues.  All devices, including the bluray players and ATSC tuner (CM-7400) and Xbox have zero issues downloading and updating firmware.  

I also set the Vita's IP address to the DMZ IP on my router; no difference.

THIS IS DEFINITELY A PSN ISSUE

Message 7 of 7 (5,132 Views)
0 Likes