First Son
1 posts

Re: PSN Down 4/15/11

Apr 16, 2011

I agree, seems PSN is down more lately than it is up. I have held off on ordering BBC3 for this reason. And NO news from PSN?

Message 61 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 16, 2011

It works again !!!

Message 62 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Still down for me in Seattle, this is fucking ridiculous.  I just spent 500 bucks for this?

Message 63 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Man the Playstation Network has been hacked . It can always happen and not only to the PS3 . Also try to disable internet connection in internet settings et then re activate it and try to reconnect . This has worked for me

Message 64 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Apr 16, 2011

This is bullshit, down for 2 days str8 i still like sony but its unbeliviabe they wont fess up to whats going on. If they fucked something up tell us so we know and arnt ,spending 2 hours trying to fix it oursleves, if anymous fucked us over (for the people what bullshit) just tell us so we know who to blame. And how long we can expect to wait. i think its the 2nd, becuase before the attack none of this shit was happening thanks a lot you hacker fucks

Message 65 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 16, 2011

What's the problem with these people within the ps3 network?  We pay out alot of CASH to play certain titles that are intnernet structured.  It seems like at least once a week, for two days at a time, the network goes down.  It's not at 3 in the morning on a sunday night.  It's a friday!  Can you believe it?  No rhyme or reason, we are always left in the dark.  I work hard all week long and when I get home and want to go blastin on BFBC2, I dont want to turn on the ps3 and find that their network is down....again.  As a real working consumer, these downtimes DO NOT inspire me to purchase any more titles in the future.  I find it extremely unprofessional that those who provide us the console, cant provide a stable platform in which to use this said console.  I hope those of you out there agree with what I'm saying when you encounter the same problems.  It's like a rerun of a bad television show.  Eventually you'll change the channel once you get sick of the rhetoric.

Message 66 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Flashgamer59 wrote:

Man the Playstation Network has been hacked . It can always happen and not only to the PS3 . Also try to disable internet connection in internet settings et then re activate it and try to reconnect . This has worked for me

I tried that and it didn't work.  I'm getting a solid internet connection and can use the browser just fine. It's just the PSN that fails to connect.

I also tried changing the PS3's DNS settings from auto to manual and used Open DNS for both the primary and secondary DNS:

208.67.222.222    Primary DNS

208.67.220.220    Secondary DNS

Unfortunately though, this also did not work, and I am still unable to log in to the PSN.

Its frustrating when I read that some people are able to log in while others aren't... but that also sounds like a typical hacker attack, where they cause some servers to shutdown, but not all of them, and perhaps an explanation why some people are reporting that the network is going up and down speradically may be an indication of Sony fighting back to restore a server only for the hackers to shut it down again later.

I really think the hackers have made a huge mistake in the way they attacked Sony, because instead of getting support from the gaming community, instead they are turning gamers against them.  If they really wanted to make a point they should have hacked their corporate servers and not their game servers.  I suspect quite a few of these hackers are going to find themselves spending some time behind bars after all is said and done.  Sad waste of technical talent.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 67 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 16, 2011

this shit isnt exactly common.

Message 68 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

Apr 16, 2011

all_mittey_donky wrote:

Just got off with customer support. The PSN is down (I live in Fla) I was told that It should be back up by the end of the day. Why in the f  could they not put this on the front of the site would have saved a lot of time and headaches. I had just gotten Bright house Lightning and spent a lot of time on the phone and had a tech come out for really nothing since it is on the Sony side and not the Bright house or any other IP provider side. I was told they are working on security and other issues.

So hopefully after reading this it will save alot of people pulling their hair out trying to figure out what is going on with their system

To be fair though, all you had to do is run the Internet Connection Test on your PS3 and you would have known that the issue has nothing to do with your internet connection... and a quick google search would have also told you that the PSN network is down all over the place, speculatively due to hacker attacks by Anon.

That's also most likely the reason Sony has not made any official statment about the outages or promising any time frame when we can expect the network to be back up... because if they are under attack by hackers there is no way of them even knowing how long it will take to repair and block their attacks.

Persoanlly, I'm spending my time doing something else other than trying to access the PSN, and I'll simply wait for these issues to get resolved rather than keep trying to log in and keep getting frustated when it fails. 

Life's too short folks, and there are too many other options to keep any one busy and entertained to allow one self to get worked up over not being able to log into the PSN.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 69 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 16, 2011

gettin same error as well

Message 70 of 126 (37 Views)
0 Likes