Splicer
87 posts

Re: PSN Down 4/15/11

Apr 19, 2011

Synthetic-Ellz wrote:

I work in a telecom company and apparently several service provider i.p pools have been blocked(blacklisted) from accessing psn for suspicion of "hacking" or something through port 8800. If u try to switch providers just for testing, u most probably will get in without a problem.

I'm really frustrated and it appears that is started over the weekend. talk to ur isps, it's better to push the problem through the isp angle, they have to talk down psn in order to get it fixed

Pasadena, Maryland here (Verizon FIOS) and this is exactly when I started having MAJOR issues with connecting to PSN. My PS3 has been on solid since January 22nd, save for a few small hiccups due to Anon, running GT5 24/7 and this weekend it decides to go belly up. Really frustrating to see, as others are stating, friends in relative proximity online and playing when your own system is unable to connect to the network.

I was on yesterday from 6am through 1045pm but the network dropped me sometime during the night. I am unable to connect at this moment.

Replaced KEM-410ACA on 01/22/2011
Message 121 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I have not played online in months, I just didn't feel like connecting myself to the internet, just my luck a few days ago I tried and failed, tried again.....and failed. Since playstation Network has been down I can't even sign in because I need to update my Ps3 to version 3.60 but when I try it only gets to like 30% before I get the error messages with the 800-whatever crap. I called support, they had me check my hard drive, after that they told me the network was down for repair, so I did a little reasearch online and discovered the hacking group Anonomous was responsible because they felt they needed revenge since two of their members went to court for hacking their playstation 3's so they could play pirated video games. They THEN put it up on the internet, for all to see. So, since they violated their terms of agreement contract sony took action...

I have seen how this group works and in the past I've been nuetral on the subject but what the hell man? Anonomous accomplished nothing here but a full out attack on the gamers out there and if that isn't worse enough I found out that my fiance' is one of those dirt bags.

He says he didn't know about the sony thing but I don't even care, Anonomous is nothing more then a terrorist group.

Anyway I called support again this morning after I failed at connecting again, and now in the automated message it says the Network is down until further notice.

I just want to online game, it's been forever....

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Message 122 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

its April 19 2011 ans my icant log in for the past few days can anyone help me

Message 123 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Same problem here

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Message 124 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

If you have a rooted droid through verizon, open up wireless tether and try connecting through there. I just wanted to be able to re-connect to netflix and it said I needed to connect to PSN to register the system with Netflix. I connected to PSN through my droid and then connected back to local wifi and can get back to watching movies, so if you need to connect to the PSN and don't mind much lag try a rooted droid.

Message 125 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Hello,

I realize this post is old BUT at least you will know I'm here to help with BHN related issues.  My name is Gary and I am the Online Forums Manager for Bright House Networks.  If you or any of your fellow PSN users experience problems involving our services I want to know about it.  This applies to all areas served by BHN.  Feel free to post a reply here or send me a PM and I'll immediately address any of your concerns.

Message 126 of 126 (62 Views)
0 Likes