First Son
3 posts

Re: PSN Dishonored: Where's The Game?!

Oct 9, 2012
@kraltic The reason you pay for pre-order is so that you don't have to when the game is available. You pay for it before its ready for purchase so you can get it as soon as it us released. Same with any other pre-order. Also Sony's promotion is "Day 1 Digital" and they emphasize that you''ll be able to download the game and play it the same day it is released. Today it was released at midnight Eastern time (for me at least) so I expect it to be available at most at Midnight pacific time (to make it fair for all of N.A.) yet here we are tearing our hair out in shame that Sony isn't backing up their Day 1 promotion.... and now we have to wait 4 more hours according to them?
Message 31 of 46 (357 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Oct 9, 2012

A six dollar savings in no way justifies this having to wait. I would much rather have paid the full price (at a store) and be playing it now. I will not pre-order anymore from playstation plus. Enjoy it sony (you fooled me once) you just lost money. This is indeed my LAST pre-order purchase. I'll go to the store at midnight from now on and buy the disc. This is rediculous!! Offer me a Twenty Dollar Discount and I wouldn't  have a problem waiting all day to play!! But a Six Dollar savings for this!?!??!!?!?

Message 32 of 46 (291 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 9, 2012
The game is available for download guys(:
Message 33 of 46 (281 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012
You are a saint!
Message 34 of 46 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 9, 2012

still not there for me!

Message 35 of 46 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Oh yes very true! I was just aware of the wait that was coming. I feel the soild difference between preordering something and picking it up than doing it digitally and having to abide. This is the second time ive preorder some digital/downloadable game. I was hoping sony was going to have a prefect release with their promotion. Wasn't it 10% off? lol. 

Message 36 of 46 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Screw it! Downloaded chrono trigger instead! Tired of checking and being disappointed!
Message 37 of 46 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Hey Gamers!

I know you're excited about Dishonored, and it looks like the PlayStation Store completed its update. The game is available now! Head there, find the "Day 1 Digital" tab on the top left, click X, make your way to Dishonored, and you should be able to download it. Get yourself in the game, Day 1!

Message 38 of 46 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Oct 9, 2012

mudthekiller wrote:

Dear Sony,

This was the first time I ever pre-ordered anything from the PSN and this will also be my last time. When something is advertised as "day 1 release" gamers have gotten used to that meaning midnight for them, usually PST as well. Right now as it stands the game probably wont be "live" till 8 EST then with 2-3 hours downloading it will be done at 11pm.

I know you just launched this campaign for day 1 release but you need to find a way to push the store update faster when you have big triple a titles that a lot of people are going to pre-order. Your only "compensation" to the gamers for this LONG delay is a stupid theme!

Why would someone who can go to a brick and mortar store ever want to pre-order if they can't play till almost midnight that day? I will never be pre-ordering through the PSN ever again. Also not telling people when the game will be ready to be downloaded is also a shame. The "day 1 release" is misleading and I hope the program is not successful!

We hear you loud and clear—and we will aim to set expectations a little better in the future, and possibly explore finding a method to deliver it sooner as well.

Meanwhile, with a lot of the Day 1 Digital pre-orders, we're trying to add value whenever possible, whether it's in the form of Themes, PS+ exclusive Day 1 discounts, other digital goodies to make it worth your while because it's true—you have a choice where to get your game, whether digitally, brick and mortar retail or online retailer (delivering physical media). We would like to be your choice, and offer you the best service we can. We greatly appreciate the feedback, so thank you for bearing with us and for sharing your thoughts. We're listening.

Message 39 of 46 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 9, 2012

can't even connect to the psn.  lol, never again sony.  never again.

Message 40 of 46 (171 Views)
0 Likes