Highlighted
Dec 13 2011
By: Dubloon7 Lombax Warrior 232 posts

PSN Community DLC Trade Idea

3 replies 106 views Edited Dec 13, 2011

I have an idea that will benefit both PSN Users and Sony: Implement a trade program of PSN DLC (full games and extra content) between PSN users. This forum trade community could be easily accessible in the PSN store, and categorize games and extra content by game genre and/or price and/or date posted/requested.

Each item could potentially be traded from one PSN account to another PSN account for a discount, or point system to accumulate for future purchases. After one PSN account sells/trades a DLC game/content it will be deactivated indefinitely in their account and exported into the new PSN User's account. Sony could profit by charging a small (and I mean small (i.e. $0.25/$0.50/$0.75, etc.)) fee. This, in hand, will kick any used videogame shop to the curb who constantly take advantage of profiting from used video games.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea to keep PSN users active and continue to make $$$ for Sony and their developers, and save a little for the Users?

Long. Live. Play?

Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: PSN Community DLC Trade Idea

Dec 14, 2011

If you are going to be trading DLC and downloadable titles, how does that affect used game stores? You lost me there.

Also, you'd be better off posting your idea here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 17, 2011

It sounds like a good idea, but it would violate various US and international copyright laws.

Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 12, 2012

Dude copyright laws doesn't include game trading it has do sales of a product not trading,and I believe that is referring to the like gamestop dlc game trading deal.

Message 4 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes