Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 18 2012
By: jgrizzle358 PlayStation MVP 656 posts

PSN Been Really Slow For Anyone Else Lately?

5 replies 396 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

I normally have VERY fast download speeds on my PS3. When I download something the numbers literally go: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, ect. with no pause, but lately it's been like: 23.............. 24........................... 25........................... 26............................... 27. 

a 43mb update patch that would usually take me less than 5 min to download is now taking over 10. This is unacceptable. I have NEVER had this issue until recently. I have Comcast for internet and it has always been super fast, my brother has AT&T and mine is now running as badly as his. I'm using a DMZ port-forwarding method and I'm capping 20mbps download speeds. But that's not reflecting on my actual downloads. 

I know stuff like this usually happens when the servers are REALLY busy (like after E3), I'm assuming this is because of football season and everyone is on the DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket app streaming live. Or it may be related to the new update patch. But I could be wrong. Anyways, I wanna know if anyone else has been having issues with PSN suddenly slowing down majorly, or if it's just me?

Raptr Gamercard
Message 1 of 6 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: PSN Been Really Slow For Anyone Else Lately?

Sep 18, 2012

yes.  I've tried phoning Sony about it before, but they keep telling me the problem is on my end, nobody else is complaining about it, and obviously they would know if there was a problem with their network.  Obviously they don't know!  Getting sick of PSN problems.

Message 2 of 6 (387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Hahaha. Sorry... but Sony needs to get there act together. Only laughing because I just need to. I have had problems since update. And a lot of people are.
I really don't know what's up but Sony said its my fault too. Really? Slow downloads and uploads too. Ping still good though.
Knock. Knock. Sony? Are you listening to
YOUR CUSTOMERS???
Spending thousands of our dollars on what? I'm not seeing it... what do you want Sony? More money?
* just saying*
Message 3 of 6 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
628 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Consider yourself lucky.  I've recently encountered the same problem, though my drop is significantly bigger.  I was running on both my macbook pro and my ps3 25Mbps download 5Mbps upload.  Post update, I'm getting about 1.6Mbps download, 550kbps upload.  It took me 12 hours to download the Fifa 13 demo.  

Message 4 of 6 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Yeeeep.

I have 2mb/s or some crappy internet. 

Usually get download speeds of about .00000023mb/s .It sucks.

I got Deus Ex to 93% and then it just did the downloading.... pending.... downloading....pending... cycle, so I canceled it, tried redownloading (a total fo FIFTEEN HOURS JUST DOWNLOADING NOT PLAYING ANYTHING) and it got to 38% and started it again. I have it paused and hopefully once PSN is back up, It will actually finish, although doubtful, because support hasn't gotten back to me, and tons of people have this happen with NO solution besides, 're-download it', although CLEARLY that isn't working out for me. 

Sorry for the rant, a little ticked off. I love Sony but this never once happened with my 360..

Message 5 of 6 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Same problem Im having its the last update spread this video around sony knows whats up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--hWGtEfho

Message 6 of 6 (308 Views)
0 Likes