First Son
11 posts

Re: PSN Ban Help...

Sep 23, 2011

Well do you think it will be lifted?

Join The Society @ http://kay.invisionzone.com/ , a forum site that houses many people from around the net. PSN members always welcome to join, tell them Myth sent you if you join and your welcome shall be greatly received!
Message 21 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Myth93 wrote:

Well do you think it will be lifted?

I don't really know.

Message 22 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Well thanks for the help anyways. And I hope everything works out.

Join The Society @ http://kay.invisionzone.com/ , a forum site that houses many people from around the net. PSN members always welcome to join, tell them Myth sent you if you join and your welcome shall be greatly received!
Message 23 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27582 posts

Sep 25, 2011

Myth93 wrote:

That's what I thought but here's what my friend sent me

"I guess im screwed "It bans the ip address that your isp gives you, your thinking of the network address which is similar but not the same. Essentially if you get banned no one can access the PSN from your house again unless you switch isp's.

The problem with that theory is that ISP's don't generally always assign the same IP address to a particular broadband modem, unless you paid extra for a static IP address. Such a ban, if implemented, would generally only be effective until the modem was powered off, and on again; at which time it could receive a different IP address that was not banned.  Again, IP-based bans generally don't work because IP addresses are generally assigned dynamically by ISPs each time the broadband modem connects to the network.

GKP
Message 24 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Hi I have 2 psn accounts and 1 got banned or temporally suspended and I was just wondering if I could find out how long is it banned for ps my friend made the account and he forgot the emails password and the psn account is magic-mario123
Message 25 of 25 (78 Views)
0 Likes