Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2013
By: AlaRos- First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN Avatar downloads

8 replies 223 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

I downloaded a couple premium avatars for use with my psn profile but I was just curious as to where they are saved once downloaded for use. Or if they are even stored locally on the PS3 that you purchased them on.  I've searched for a good while on the XMB dashboard trying to locate them and haven't been able to as I want to actually delete some of the older ones I've downloaded that no longer intend to use.

If they are stored locally on the machine that was used to purchase/download them, a response as to how to locate the files themselves would be greatly appreciated. If they are just registered for use with your PSN account and not saved on the PS3 at all, then some sort of verification would be appreciated as well

Message 1 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Re: PSN Avatar downloads

Mar 25, 2013

You can find your downloaded avatars at account managment on the XMB in your PS3.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 2 of 9 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2013

i realise that but If I wanted to delete them, how would I go about doing that.

My initial guess was just to go to where theyre saved on the console and just deleted them (ex. If i wanted to delete a save game for a game I now no longer play, I go to the save data utilities under the "Game" menu in the dashboard and hit delete on the ones I want to get rid of) 

Message 3 of 9 (216 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Mar 25, 2013

As far as I know you can't delete avatars, I'm not even sure they're saved on the PS3 but on the Sony servers instead, not sure!

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 9 (207 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15640 posts

Mar 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

As far as I know you can't delete avatars, I'm not even sure they're saved on the PS3 but on the Sony servers instead, not sure!

BRIT-KO

I think they are saved to a server. My brother has premium avatars but I cant use them on my account.

Message 5 of 9 (202 Views)
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

I think they are saved to a server. My brother has premium avatars but I cant use them on my account.

Hey, you 'stole' the correct answer from me :smileymad:!!!! :smileywink:.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 9 (192 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

Hey, you 'stole' the correct answer from me :smileymad:!!!! :smileywink:.

BRIT-KO

It's about time someone did! LOL. You both beat me to it :smileysad:  I knew this one!

Message 7 of 9 (189 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15640 posts

Mar 25, 2013

And you still manage to out Kudo me for it. LOL 

I cant count the number of times I see a post with almost no replies on a subject I can easily help with, 'last poster Brit-KO'

...moving on then.

Message 8 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Mar 25, 2013

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes