Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2012
By: SiR-iNgGuS First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN Accounts

4 replies 117 views Edited Jan 15, 2012

Can the sony playstation team deactivate my account on other ps3 systems cause im concern, my account is on five other systems including my own, now if my playstation goes down i wont be able to put my account on another ps3 system need help. 

Message 1 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

Re: PSN Accounts

Jan 15, 2012

SiR-iNgGuS wrote:

Can the sony playstation team deactivate my account on other ps3 systems cause im concern, my account is on five other systems including my own, now if my playstation goes down i wont be able to put my account on another ps3 system need help. 

Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

Sony doesn't do this for you, however there is now a way for you to do this yourself via a website, unfortunately I don't have the link available to give you.

Message 2 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 15, 2012

can sony give me the link or any one really need help ps3 is dying have to much history on this account to let it go

Message 3 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15432 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Hold it.  Putting your account on a system, meaning signing-up a user profile for Playstation Network under your PSN account, is entirely separate from activation.  There is no limit to the number of PS3s, or PSPs, that you can sign-in to the Playstation Network from using one PSN account. You could have a user profile set up with your PSN account on 1,000 PS3s.  It wouldn't matter.  Activation limits the number of PS3s that you can download and use games, videos, music, comics, and DLC from the Playstation Store.  That is limited to two consoles of each type (consoles activated before November 19th, 2011 are grandfathered; but only as long as they remain activated, and you can't activate any more consoles until you deactivate all but one of the current ones). 

Here is the link to deactivate all consoles.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/devices/device-media-list.action

On  the Media and Devices panel of Sony Entertainment Network account management, Click on the Game box.  A button labeled Deactivate All will appear.  If you click the button, all of the consoles activated for game content on your PSN account will be deactivated.  You will have to manually activate the two that you want to continue to use your Playstation Store game content on.  Note that once you use the Deactivate All function, you can't use it again for six months.  That shouldn't be a problem in your case.  It may take a little time for the deactivations to register throughout PSN, so that you can activate consoles again.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 15, 2012

thank you so much thats all i need thank you again and hope this info helps

Message 5 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes