Jul 16 2013
By: MattHirt First Son 3 posts

PSN Account region:

[ Edited ]
4 replies 152 views Edited Jul 17, 2013

Hello PSN  Support.

About 4 years ago I went to live in another country where I have family to graduate, as on the beginning I was feeling lonely there, I got a PS3, as I would take some years to graduate and I was using a Credit Card from that country, I ended up making my PSN with that country's region, now I'm graduating this year and am coming back to the USA, I felt in love during these years with the PlayStation Legacy and bought also one PS Vita which is using the same PSN Account.

Now that I'm coming back to the USA, I want to request for transfering my account as I've been warned I could get banned to use another country's ID with USA connection, I don't really care about the content I got on that PSN as I'm buying a PS4 and it will be my main platform of gaming, I only care about keeping my Account ID and data like trophies and friends.

So I'm here to beg you SONY to please allow me to tranfer my PSN account region, I know you guys can make it happen

Message 1 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14456 posts

Re: PSN Account region:

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

You have NOT reached SONY support.  You HAVE posted in a forum serving, and populated by, a bunch of Playstation Users JUST LIKE YOU.  Nobody here can help you.

In fact, SONY will not help you either.  Due to licensing issues they WILL NOT change the region on an account once created.  It has not happened yet.  You can call SONY directly, or go through Live Chat by clicking on "Contacting Support" in the lower left corner of any forum page, but you'll likely get the same reply.

Sorry.

AND, you're ID will follow you to the PS4, but will remain with whatever region you entered.

AND I highly recommend you remove your e-mail address from your post - there are people who scan forums like these looking for e-mail addresses to flood with spam, spam and more spam.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 5 (141 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Sony Chat Support told me to post here...
Message 3 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39424 posts

Jul 17, 2013

MattHirt wrote:

Hello PSN  Support.

About 4 years ago I went to live in another country where I have family to graduate, as on the beginning I was feeling lonely there, I got a PS3, as I would take some years to graduate and I was using a Credit Card from that country, I ended up making my PSN with that country's region, now I'm graduating this year and am coming back to the USA, I felt in love during these years with the PlayStation Legacy and bought also one PS Vita which is using the same PSN Account.

Now that I'm coming back to the USA, I want to request for transfering my account as I've been warned I could get banned to use another country's ID with USA connection, I don't really care about the content I got on that PSN as I'm buying a PS4 and it will be my main platform of gaming, I only care about keeping my Account ID and data like trophies and friends.

So I'm here to beg you SONY to please allow me to tranfer my PSN account region, I know you guys can make it happen

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

vfr has proivided some good information above, they are right too about the transfer of accounts, no account can be transferred from one region to another, your only option is to create another account.

Sony chat/telephone support do sometimes direct people to these Forums, sometimes we can help sometimes not, on this occasion neither they nor us can help you with your question.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 5 (129 Views)
MVP Support
14456 posts

Jul 17, 2013

MattHirt wrote:
Sony Chat Support told me to post here...

Well, whoever you spoke to is a blithering idiot.  On SONY has access to your account to view and change data.  None of us do, so to direct you here was a moronic suggestion.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 5 of 5 (123 Views)
0 Likes